Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: picknpull

picknpull

wheres the local picknpull that everyone gets parts from. I need a bracket off a ford mustang 302, that only an old one would have.

probably not gonna find it around here. not cheap for sure. id check e-bay.

sure only a mustang would have it? what years? i frequent the local yards regularly

1976 F-100 Kustom Krawler
    1976 F-150 Custom
    1964 CJ5

i need the bracket that holds the alternator and tension pully to the engine, its aluminum or something, surprising brittle as i found out today. Its on a 1990 ford mustang gt 302, h.o. efi

is it complicated? if not you might be better off kustom making it. other ones are probably just as brittle. cast aluminium?

1976 F-100 Kustom Krawler
    1976 F-150 Custom
    1964 CJ5

its not that complicated actually one of the arms broke off and the other arm the bolt head broke off and so the threaded portion is stuck in. I guess i could drill the one out, and i'm not sure if that cr*p is weldable, its really light stamped aluminum or something funcky. i just figured it would be easier to pull it, it should be on any mustang 302 from 1986-1995.

you won't find any 5.0 HO in a pick and pull

I found a tbird with a 5.0 once and that was up here in Dallas. Maybe some junky land yacht lincoln will have it but I bet they are v belt.

That style ford power steering pump kind of sucks. You might want to look into using E150 van parts and use the saginaw pump. I converted my old f150 from the ford style to the saginaw and it was a huge difference in steering quality. Mine had vbelts though, so I can't tell you exactly what other brackets you would need to change. There were serpentine belted e150's.

yah that steering conversion sounds good what are some more details about the swap what is needed, the power steering pump bracket? and what type of pump? i have a psc power steering gearbox 1980-1986 jeep cj extreme offroad gearbox. other details? that is the only component of my steering is old, the pump that is, and it still isn't as responsive as i would like it.

I don't know any more about it than that. I'm in the process of purging all ford knowledge now that the f150's gone. And if someone finds it,restores it then brings it to me when I'm 80 like in the commercial I'm going to kick them in the nuts.

There was some bronco board that was real big on solid axle swaps that seemed to have some info on this.

Quote Originally Posted by robertf03
    And if someone finds it,restores it then brings it to me when I'm 80 like in the commercial I'm going to kick them in the nuts.

73bronco
    theres two mustangs out at Auto Star Recycling on 21 or if you want to put a saginaw BC broncos sells a pimp bracket that will also hold a sanden compressor

ah, you said 302, not 5.0.

yah its 5.0 liter

Quote Originally Posted by 73bronco
    theres two mustangs out at Auto Star Recycling on 21 or if you want to put a saginaw BC broncos sells a pimp bracket that will also hold a sanden compressor
    Didnt you have to ghetto-modify this bracket to make it work?
    On the 8th day god created the Super Swamper TSL and said "go forth and kick ass"