Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Divorced Case Woes

fbronco86
    Quote Originally Posted by Chadnutz
    The problem with not having slip is that when anything torques they both have to move together. When they move, one of them has to give more. It has nothing to do with phases and **** because I can drive 60 mph down the road with no problems. It is when the truck is under load (up hills, etc) that the transmission starts to move. When you don't have slip, it is harder to keep the flange angles in the same position, so that short shaft starts jerking everything around. Trust me.
    Sounds like your mounts suck. Can you get soild engine/tranny mounts for that truck?

I remember the noise. I thought it was the toyoda case at the time. If it's just the mazda parts moving don't you need to do something about that anyway, like some stronger motor mounts or 1/2" bolts through the stock ones?

Remove the nut that holds the mazda output flange to the output shaft, then the flange can slid on the shaft splines. Space the toyoda case back about 1/8" so it have a little slip in both directions. I think it would work, unless the nut being tightened onto the flange on the output shaft is needed to preload the bearings and keep the output shaft in place.

Or, you need something like this. They're available up to a whole lot more torque rating than you need.

Cya this December.

Quote Originally Posted by Chadnutz
    Cya this December.
    what?
    Boats and hoes

Stumble in to the liquor store
    With a dollar-fifty for a bottle of wine,
    I know just what I'm lookin for
    Thunderbird will do just fine.

Like most other threads I post, this was hardly constructive so I'll just sort it out on my own.

This is what I got from Pirate a few years ago: http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=304433

Other than Fred being a prick, I thought everyone was giving you good advice?!?
    Boats and hoes

Stumble in to the liquor store
    With a dollar-fifty for a bottle of wine,
    I know just what I'm lookin for
    Thunderbird will do just fine.

...and it sounds like similar constructive advice that you got from Pirate.

Flyin' the Hindenburg 2.0 DRAGOONRANCH's Avatar
    I might have missed it, but are the motor and tranny mounts in good shape? I would look next at re-aligning the mini drive shaft. I am wondering what the u-joints not being um, let me see, was it boys 2 men, new kids on the block? nope, I remember n-sync. The toy tc looks lower in the picture and I would think that it being that short it wouldn't take much to get it to vibratin bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredo View Post
    Ask your dad what it tastes like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler View Post
    Tell Chris to get it up and I will do it.
    My bitch better have my money...
    Through rain, sleet, or snow...
    My whore better have my money...
    Not half, not some, but all my cash...
    'Cause if she don't,
    I'm gonna put my foot in her ass.

I dont comprende about how your mounts can be that ****ed up without severe negligence? I remember your tranny floppin around like a donkey dick at TCC III but didnt ever look to see what the deal is.
    On the 8th day god created the Super Swamper TSL and said "go forth and kick ass"

fbronco86
    Quote Originally Posted by BMFScout
    Other than Fred being a prick, I thought everyone was giving you good advice?!?
    I am with jimmy I thought we were being nice.

Chadnutz learn how to build a decent rig like the rest of us and quit asking us how to build your rig for you then.

I am trying to tell you that this **** can't work without slip in the driveshaft. When it gets torqued, one case HAS to move forward or backward to account for the change in distance. All engines and trannies have some sort of rubber mounting because they ALL move and shake. I have had all the bolts tightened up, three different ways of holding the toy case in, and all the mounts on the mazda side chained down and I have NEVER been able to get on it because the Mazda transmission hits the floor. It is not as simple as putting harder mounts on. Bolts were falling out and stripping out their holes. Every seal on both cases are leaking and they weren't always that way. That setup is too hard on the components period. The ONLY solution is to have slip in the shaft. I've driven it long enough on the road and off-road to know this now. Now it will be set up like any other rig with a divorced case. Aside from having near slicks and the transmission hitting the floor the truck did pretty well, but then again, none of the **** talking web wheelers made it to the trip to see anyway. This is in reference to Fred and fbronco...

When did I ASK for anything on this thread. I was merely giving an update. I learned not to ask for advice from this club, and I guess now I've learned not to give updates either. I can't weed through the bull **** to find the good points because I'm so tired of people that don't even wheel trying to tell me what to do an not do. I've made plenty of mistakes, but this time I am standing firm with the idea that this setup WILL NOT WORK.

who saw that coming?
    Quote Originally Posted by Graystroke View Post
    So you loose, I win!

at the parts store, confusing the **** out of the guy.
    page 2....that's got to be a record.
    "You know, this car is so fast, that giving Corvette owners this car, is kinda like giving an AK-47 to a pysch ward."

-Ron Fellows (Corvette C6R Team Driver)

I'm sure it's been on the first page before. Glad I could make your day.

Bring others down to build yourself up = insecure.

at the parts store, confusing the **** out of the guy.
    Bringing you down? You need to get some thicker skin. I mess with you because:

a.) It's funny
    b.) you make it so easy
    c.) You've gotten too predictable. First, You post a problem. Then when people tell you what they think, you tell them they have no idea what they are talking about, and you "fix" the problem however you see fit....and by the time you get around to actually fixing it, no one gives a **** anymore. It's gotten extremely old man.
    "You know, this car is so fast, that giving Corvette owners this car, is kinda like giving an AK-47 to a pysch ward."

-Ron Fellows (Corvette C6R Team Driver)