Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Divorced Case Woes

As has your need to press my buttons. Honestly man, what kind of warm feeling to you get inside by knowlingly pissing others off? Do you really have nothing better to do? Never in my life have I taken pleasure in bringing others down. I don't have to look for peoples' buttons and then press them. I have enough things to worry about on my own.

at the parts store, confusing the **** out of the guy.
    are you crying while you type? I find it ****ing hilarious that you get this bent out of shape over something said on the internet. Not to mention the fact that we have never said ONE word to each other in person. Just stop posting tech simply so you can talk about your aborted Mazda.
    "You know, this car is so fast, that giving Corvette owners this car, is kinda like giving an AK-47 to a pysch ward."

-Ron Fellows (Corvette C6R Team Driver)

I am doing something incredibly boring at work and I need this entertainment.

at the parts store, confusing the **** out of the guy.
    likewise
    "You know, this car is so fast, that giving Corvette owners this car, is kinda like giving an AK-47 to a pysch ward."

-Ron Fellows (Corvette C6R Team Driver)

I'm confused
    Usually stuff is posted to either "A" show something off or "B" to get ideas on something.
    If you did this for reason "A" then have a cookie and it should be in the kitchen.
    If for reason "B" then everyones post, but maybe 2 or 3, have been ideas and asking for more information so they could help you. Pretty nice of them if you ask me. Yet you get ticked off and post that there is no way to fix the problem, which completely is stupid if your asking for help and then telling those that help you that they are idiots because it can't be fixed.
    Don't take this another negative comment, it's not what it is ment to be. I think some of these guys have some really good ideas that could probably fix your problem or atleast for the time being till you can get the stuff to redo everything.
    Last edited by TxCruzr; 10-11-2006 at 02:35 PM.
    "Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter."

'69 FJ-40, chevy383, sm420, 37's, RedNeckRam
    '08 Tundra SR5 Poser Douche Rig on 35's

So what's wrong with getting a 2wd case and having some slip in the driveshaft? Seems like the best option to me.

I have opinions and questions, but why bother.
    Boats and hoes

Stumble in to the liquor store
    With a dollar-fifty for a bottle of wine,
    I know just what I'm lookin for
    Thunderbird will do just fine.

Nothing, if you don't mind redoing everything. And if your going through that trouble then its time to think of that setup is really worth it.
    The motor/bellhousing/trans/tcase/whatever mounts should not be allowing that much movement though. I would look into stiffening all that up with new mounts before replacing the drivetrain. Even with the new drivetrain you're still going to have that hopping around and what not from the mounts allowing movement. Mounts are ment to be solid and only allow the slightest movement to reduce vibration not allow everything to flop around.
    "Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter."

'69 FJ-40, chevy383, sm420, 37's, RedNeckRam
    '08 Tundra SR5 Poser Douche Rig on 35's

The mounts wouldn't have failed if the ****ty setup didn't rip them apart. Why should I band-aide it when I can remedy it? Maybe I'll have to replace them anyway... What is redoing everything? Installing a different tranny, finally making a real crossmember for the Mazda tranny instead of the ghetto engineered stock one I modified, and getting a new driveshaft made? How is that any harder than building a new crossmember, welding all the **** together so I can't take it apart, fixing every seal on the drivetrain, extending and shortening both driveshafts, etc???? My attempt is to not have to move the Toy case because that means new driveshafts, crossmembers, etc. Are you picking up what I'm throwing down?

See I understand now. Heres how it goes (im nuetral just deciphering)

The mounts started off good
    The lack of slip tore up the mounts
    Now transmission moves around
    No slip in the minishaft tore up the OTT flange
    Chadnutz buys 2wd case.
    More room for minishaft to grow(kinda like .i.)
    Trans mounts don't destroy themselves
    Mazda loses ultra low
    Add 4.7 gears to toy case
    Mazda gets some back
    No more flopping transmission
    Chadnutz posts
    'Nutz gets riducled
    'Nutz complains
    Thread gets deleted

Did I forget anything
    Quote Originally Posted by afroman006
    Creighton, you have done stuff with that jeep that would make a goat go "holy ****!"
    Quote Originally Posted by afroman006
    So driving by brail is why your jeep looks the way it does eh?

I haven't deleted the thread yet, but yeah, that's the gist of it.

lets see, we did mexican...

Who has the best wings in town?

Wingstop

Ok, what am I missing... How is torque lengthening the shaft? If torque killed your mounts in the first place, how is allowing slip going to stop torque?

I think if you rigid mount everything to subframe, and then put mounts between the subrame and the truck frame it would help. That would be alot of work though.
    1988 Blazer...RIP

Quote Originally Posted by robertf03
    lets see, we did mexican...

Who has the best wings in town?

Wingstop

shame! thats not old army! wings-n-more

see, this is exactly why the new forums rules were a bad idea.