Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: porta band

Is this what you are talking about mikey?

I think that one just follows a straight path. Or does the torch move on a perpendicular axis some how?
    1988 Blazer...RIP

Flyin' the Hindenburg 2.0 DRAGOONRANCH's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug Krebs
    Yeah, this one only runs straight. You can adjust it as it is running with the small knob on top. They are great for long straight cuts, but a steady hand and a long heavy torch can get it done lots faster due to the little setup time. I cant see paying 1300 for a straight line cut.
    Last edited by DRAGOONRANCH; 10-18-2006 at 12:04 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredo View Post
    Ask your dad what it tastes like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler View Post
    Tell Chris to get it up and I will do it.
    My bitch better have my money...
    Through rain, sleet, or snow...
    My whore better have my money...
    Not half, not some, but all my cash...
    'Cause if she don't,
    I'm gonna put my foot in her ass.

the key is strait line cuts w/ a precise bevel
    Quote Originally Posted by afroman006
    Creighton, you have done stuff with that jeep that would make a goat go "holy ****!"
    Quote Originally Posted by afroman006
    So driving by brail is why your jeep looks the way it does eh?

Mike's got his words wrong. Track torches cut down a straight line, and run on a track. I know what he's talking about but not sure of the right word. It may be called a trace torch or a pattern torch. It follows lines drawn. It's what they had before cnc pattern torches.

That what you found there is a track torch doug.

That's a ****ty cut there john. Got all that **** hanging down from it. That's what happens when you cut too slow, oxygen pressure is not enough, or cutting too hot. I'd say you got a combination of most of those. With a good cut if there is any of that it can just be knocked off quickly with a file or just another piece of plate, no grinder necessary. I think your torch might suck, it didn't seem to cut very clean when I used it. Not that it was dirty or anything wrong with it, I think it just might suck.

My little brother bought a combination vertical/horizontal band saw. I like it. Takes about a minute to switch from one to another, gotta remove or install the little table for cutting in the vertical position. I'll probably buy it from him in a while. He used it when he built wakeboard tower speaker cans but doesn't do that anymore.
    Last edited by eight; 10-18-2006 at 12:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by eight
    That's a ****ty cut there john. Got all that **** hanging down from it. That's what happens when you cut too slow, oxygen pressure is not enough, or cutting too hot. I'd say you got a combination of most of those. With a good cut if there is any of that it can just be knocked off quickly with a file or just another piece of plate, no grinder necessary. I think your torch might suck, it didn't seem to cut very clean when I used it. Not that it was dirty or anything wrong with it, I think it just might suck.

edited for non-public content... no comment

ive been waiting for a good opportunity to do this:

i rest my case.
    Attached Images Attached Images        

... you can point and shoot in the dark and still capture crap. its like filming bats coming out of a cave.
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Pollock doesnt count, too cheap to make it pretty.

OK John chip all that slag off. I've posted pics of the same type of stuff before. Your cuts still suck. I was just giving you some tips and even said I think it is the torch. I could grind the **** out of everything like people who don't get **** done would. I was thinkin I might let you stay. I want you out by the 1st.
    Last edited by eight; 10-18-2006 at 10:17 PM.

Look at the clean torch work on those brackets. I grind for fitment only.

Shaggy
    I have used a torch a hell of a lot and a plazma cutter only the one time... but I am much better with the torch. Given the only time I used the plazma i had almost no torch experience I might be good at the plazma now. All i am saying as you can do anything with a torch and grinder that you can do with a plazma

Quote Originally Posted by eight
    OK John chip all that slag off. I've posted pics of the same type of stuff before. Your cuts still suck. I was just giving you some tips and even said I think it is the torch. I could grind the **** out of everything like people who don't get **** done would. I was thinkin I might let you stay. I want you out by the 1st.
    If I buy you guys some boxing gloves can I sell tickets?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools

Ill be the ringmaster