Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Thor's Hammer

Thor's Hammer

Well I guess I'm gonna start a thread on my CJ 7. I have a 1984 CJ 7 pretty much stock. I built some bumpers out of 2 7/8 drill stem, ramsey 8000 winch, 4 IPF lights, mickey thompson classic II wheels and rhino lining for the interor. It has a 4.2 I6 and an auto tranny.

I came across a 80's chevy 1 ton frame with the dana 60 front passenger drop, 203 t-case, turbo 400 and a 14 bolt rear for $200.

I plan on dropping the 60 and the 14 bolt into the Cj, rebuild the I6 or rebuild a TBI 350 in the work truck. I'm thinking some where in the range of 3-5in spring over with hummer wheels and 38s
    Attached Images Attached Images          

here is more...
    Attached Images Attached Images        

You've allready got a good transmission and transfer case. That should have a tf999. If the 258's good I'd run it as is for now, if not, find a good 360 to drop in. It will bolt up but you will need to change one motor mount bracket and extend a wire. Don't waste money rebuilding a 258.

I think that th400/203 combo is worth some good money to chevy peoples. Is that truck a dually?

yea but i have another 14 bolt that I am going to use for the rear. Do you know where a good 304 is? I have a 92 chevy that I am either going to steal the TBI setup out of or rebuild the whole engine. It has a good chrome grill guard that I am selling to Creighton's roommate and was planing to keep the 203 for a 203/205 doubler. But if the price is right i will sell almost everything but the 60 and the driveshafts.

I was just thinking you could use stock H1 wheels like Andy did. Still leaves it pretty wide, but no wider than alot of people have with single wheel axles and those low backspaced 15x10s.

Why would you want a 304? The 360 not only gets you more displacement, but it gets you the better heads too. And its alot more common. You should be looking for a 401.

Since you allready have the 92 rebuilding that engine and going with the 400 and 203 to d300 would probably be worth doing. Well at least if it has a 350 and not one of those crappy little motors. Probably gonna want to get that 400 rebuilt.

lowballing someone
    get a 360 and use the tbi, i'm going to make a jeep harness in about a week if you wana come over and do yours with me cause its finally time to infect the jeep
    Red 81 CJ5, 35's, 4.10 and detroit, 4 to 1 dana 300, tbi efi, flat belly, cage, chromos and auzzie in front... sometimes runs. body damage to come

propane

I thought about the 203/300 combo, but advanced adapters wants 800 bucks for that adapter

Ok, what springs would i be looking for for this setup into the CJ. The truck frame has hevy duty all around. Also, some one school me in U-Joints.

Yah the springs on the donor truck frame are probably too big for the CJ, but I might buy them from you. Your D60 has a 1310 on the pinion and the rear should be a 14 bolt and it will have a 1350. Easy to find stuff.
    On the 8th day god created the Super Swamper TSL and said "go forth and kick ass"

I think someone on pirate was selling the 203/300 adapter for about $450.

Then if the springs are too big, what do I need or be good for lift and flex, cause im gonna have to outboard the springs on the cj frame anyways. The front calipers are shot, so what is good to replace and cheap. Hummer tires and wheels are what im planing on for now. Im broke as it is. What about boxing in the frame? I plan on bracing the front and rear, the steering box. The TBI set up, im going to buy the harness that sharpe posted awhile back, because the donor truck is a rat hotel and just to elimitate all possible ****ups on the wiring.

Quote Originally Posted by eight
    I think someone on pirate was selling the 203/300 adapter for about $450.
    Post up the link

An 84 should have a boxed frame.

Use the rear cj springs on the front and those RE SOA springs from robbie for the rear.

Find link yourself.

once again, propane. Much cheaper and easier than fuel injection