Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Clayton or bust

Quote Originally Posted by eight
    That's alot of work you want to do to that pickup. I think in the time it'd take to do that you could get alot of the work done on that cruiser. If you want to wheel the pickup maybe think the minimum amount of work needed. You know, like check that everything's still in OK condition, and that the traction bars are there. Maybe weld the 8.8. What's wrong with the tires it has? The 36s on normal 16.5s will suck because you can't air down much.
    Currently it has some really bald 33" BFGs. Only other tire option I have that doesn't require purchasing is the old 33" Swamper SXs that used to be on the cruiser. But I feel a fullsize really needs to have 35s or bigger to be capable without having to flog it.

It's some work, but mostly I think I could pull it off for a minimal amount of money and have something to wheel by december. Most of the cost would just be in buying the used gears, which I've had offers around $80 a set for 4.10s and one guy that had 4.56 for $110.

I don't know, I might be using a little too much Chadnutz economics
    BDR

Bald tires are good stuff. They allow you to hit things at a greater speed so you don't need lower gears.

Ya, you would think bald tires would give all kinds of slippage...

BDR

Well you've got the exhaust pointing at the housing where the tubes press in so it heats it up and expands the housing more than the tubes, pressed fit loosens, and that happens.

kopecki brings the funnay
    "Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter."

'69 FJ-40, chevy383, sm420, 37's, RedNeckRam
    '08 Tundra SR5 Poser Douche Rig on 35's

yeahhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter."

'69 FJ-40, chevy383, sm420, 37's, RedNeckRam
    '08 Tundra SR5 Poser Douche Rig on 35's

Shaggy
    do eet... cruzer is too far gone at this point... that would be like me saying i am taking the bronco... I too will be there in an undisclosed new rig. I dont own it yet but i feel i will before next week.. and all i am gonna do to it is weld the rear axle