Thread: Ford 9" ?'s

Ford 9" ?'s

I pulled a full width 9" out of an F-100 to replace the EB 9" I have now. Well I started tearing it down and and found that it also had, necked down, 28 spline. I was wonderiong if I could still go big bearing 35 spline with this axle? This axle tube has a lot bigger diamiter than the EB axle tube, where the bearing sets. It also has the same shaft diamiter as a 31 spline at the bearing, then it necks down twice to 28 spline.

Do we have any 9" experts out there???

yes you can still go big bearing 35 with an aftermarket third. If your looking for 31 spline look for a later f150 or bronco.
    Born to Kill

Quote Originally Posted by RCcola55 View Post
    I just watched a spider dominate a fly on the wall outside, i thought would would travis do? and i did the opposite, spider lives!

My plan was to go 35 spline anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by scottsdale87 View Post
    My plan was to go 35 spline anyway.
    good plan, I might be able to get you a deal on one allready built. I dout it will be a killer deal since its coming from a buddies shop.
    Born to Kill

Quote Originally Posted by RCcola55 View Post
    I just watched a spider dominate a fly on the wall outside, i thought would would travis do? and i did the opposite, spider lives!

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJo View Post
    good plan, I might be able to get you a deal on one allready built. I dout it will be a killer deal since its coming from a buddies shop.
    I wasn't planning on building it right away but i'd still like to look at what he's got.

big bearing refer's to the carrier bearings not axle there are a couple variants 3",3.125 and 3.25 35 spline will not work in the smaller bearing 3rd's