5 pt harnesses
    ripped rear bumper off (on accident)
    installed warn 9.5 winch till 12k is fixed & new bumper made
    removed front wheel spacers
    front brakes
    put doors on with gentle massaging from a hammer

To come:
    front 4" springs as soon as bushings get here this week
    reworked front bumper-flush mounted with 12k winch (fixed)
    rear bumper re attatched and moved in for better departure angles and sliders on rear corners
    install uncut front fenders and procede to trim a little
    trim rear fenders
    sliders
    toss rear bench and put stock buckers in place
    finish roll cage and tie to frame
    install detroit
    rear brakes and make e-brake work
    new rattle can OD paint job
    Last edited by colman; 10-31-2006 at 08:50 PM.
    Red 81 CJ5, 35's, 4.10 and detroit, 4 to 1 dana 300, tbi efi, flat belly, cage, chromos and auzzie in front... sometimes runs. body damage to come

lowballing someone
    2nd pic is soon after purchase
    1st pic is after i finished rear shackle flip

got one hell of a texas tilt but since the fenders are cut so much i could run it right now.....ish i need to put in the front springs
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Red 81 CJ5, 35's, 4.10 and detroit, 4 to 1 dana 300, tbi efi, flat belly, cage, chromos and auzzie in front... sometimes runs. body damage to come

lowballing someone
    Progress:
    I got the new front springs on. The fenders on and trimmed for now, a little more will be necessary as the springs settle and break in. Decided to keep the rear bench for now till we find a coribu bench for the back. I fixed the 12k winch and mounted it and the warn bumper doesn't look as bad now that it is 8 inches higher off the ground or so.

Necesities left:
    extend front driveshaft a few inches
    fix rear brake cylinder that blew and go thru rear brakes
    install detroit in d70
    find and install 4" lift shocks and make new/ fix/ relocate shock mounts
    and most importantly do crossover steering and eventually a ram or hydro assist or something of that nature as it doesn't turn right much because of the push pull steering

if someone has the parts sitting around to fix/swap the steering i could get it ready for clayton but if not it will wait till after the new years. i have a 2wd box so i think all i have to do is add a tierod to the traglink but haven't spent a lot of time messing with it
    Last edited by colman; 11-30-2006 at 04:58 AM.

lowballing someone
    pushpull steering problem

lowballing someone
    as she sits now

lowballing someone
    since i took the pleasure of naming it the general i thought it should have at least 1 star so at about 1 the previous morning i added one with duck tape. after the repaint over christmas i think there will be a star on each door and on the hood (in white paint)

You need to stock pile 10 bolt shafts. Just the weight of the irok plus the steel rim is making me cringe.

I wouldn't spend money to do crossover steering. By the time you're done with it you'll probably spend at least $200. Put that towards a dana 60. Get a raised steering arm and hope for the best.
    1988 Blazer...RIP

fbronco86
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug Krebs
    You need to stock pile 10 bolt shafts. Just the weight of the irok plus the steel rim is making me cringe.

I wouldn't spend money to do crossover steering. By the time you're done with it you'll probably spend at least $200. Put that towards a dana 60. Get a raised steering arm and hope for the best.
    Maybe you should read the first post about the chomoly shafts.

Dougs just bustings your balls cause his blazer sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by fbronco86
    Maybe you should read the first post about the chomoly shafts.

Dougs just bustings your balls cause his blazer sucks.
    crap! didn't see that. However I still say save for a 60. My 35's wrecked my ball joints at least once a year. Hell the las cruces trip killed my ball joints. I rebuilt that whole axle before hand and had to change out one the ball joints at Mary's ranch in Fort Stockton on the way home.

P.S. Mike's just busting my balls because I get to wheel in 2 weeks
    1988 Blazer...RIP

fbronco86
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug Krebs
    crap! didn't see that. However I still say save for a 60. My 35's wrecked my ball joints at least once a year. Hell the las cruces trip killed my ball joints. I rebuilt that whole axle before hand and had to change out one the ball joints at Mary's ranch in Fort Stockton on the way home.

P.S. Mike's just busting my balls because I get to wheel in 2 weeks
    I am gonna really try to get my eb to tcc it will look ugly but I think I can make it.

I wanna see how these shafts hold up to those big tires.

Does it have standard ujoints?

lowballing someone
    as far as i know yes on the u-joints and for the 10th time doug its not a 10 bolt it is a d44 and it is going to get left open due to the large tire size so hopefully it will work out

fbronco86
    Quote Originally Posted by colman
    as far as i know yes on the u-joints and for the 10th time doug its not a 10 bolt it is a d44 and it is going to get left open due to the large tire size so hopefully it will work out
    Doug is gonna try to break your balls on this 10 bolt 44 thing.

Might wanna stick a ujoint in your box then. The shafts will probably hold up.

i just got my rear bumper back on, now i need to fix my rear driveshaft, steering and the front axle.

Aren't you trying to sell this?

yeah, but i broke some stuff when i was out at 47 a few weeks ago, so i have ot fix those things before i sell it