Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: The General

im going to keep the fenders, just fold them in on to what ever tube work i end up doing.

I agree, I like the sheet metal, what kopeki is talking about is maybe tiltling the radiator back a little so you can see over the hood line better
    Quote Originally Posted by afroman006
    Creighton, you have done stuff with that jeep that would make a goat go "holy ****!"
    So driving by brail is why your jeep looks the way it does eh?

The radiators on C/K series trucks are 2" shorter than the old body style ones. I was thinking about trying to kludge a C/K core support onto Pigpen and cut and rotate the hood hinges to lower it accordingly but there is absolutely no room for me to do that now with the uber-tall 8.1 intake. You might be able to make it work though.
    On the 8th day god created the Super Swamper TSL and said "go forth and kick ass"

i might be able to get an inch or two, but it would be tons of work, as is my radiator is almost touching the hood and the frame so it wouldnt be easy so i am going to live with it

ive got that 98 chevy with the core support if ya want it

i got some of the front tube work done so far today and have mounted the driver side fender, here are some pictures
    Attached Images Attached Images    

also the doors will be coming off once i get the car cover, it should be in the store i just need to go pick it up

lowballing someone
    doors are off and donated to bigbird (need some internals and the door pannels). the yellow truck behind the general. duno what i'm gonna do with it but i couldn't pass up getting it
    Red 81 CJ5, 35's, 4.10 and detroit, 4 to 1 dana 300, tbi efi, flat belly, cage, chromos and auzzie in front... sometimes runs. body damage to come

your going to sell it. what internals could you have possibly used from the passenger door?!

lowballing someone
    the door lock mechanism and then the door panels. bigbird was a power everthing truck but the doors on it now are manual so the door panels etc were wrong. i need manual
    Red 81 CJ5, 35's, 4.10 and detroit, 4 to 1 dana 300, tbi efi, flat belly, cage, chromos and auzzie in front... sometimes runs. body damage to come

I see you decided to skip bending tube?
    On the 8th day god created the Super Swamper TSL and said "go forth and kick ass"

Quote Originally Posted by afroman006 View Post
    just for the front stuff, i wont get anything done on my cage till i get my hands on a bender. do you have a 1.75 die yet?

Quote Originally Posted by afroman006 View Post
    I like the look of it with no bends. go look at any pre-runner truck and they are almost always done like that if triagulated properly it can be much stronger than with bends

I like it looks sweet, have you decided how you are going to do the hood
    Creighton, you have done stuff with that jeep that would make a goat go "holy ****!"
    So driving by brail is why your jeep looks the way it does eh?

i just cut it, i liked your idea but i just wanted to get something on there, ill find another hood later and try out that way