Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: jeep warranty?

Ben97XJ
    31"s will be fine that what I am running but only get 15 mpg on the highway. When I go to 33" I will get new gears. Don't worry.

BigRedFord04
    holy sh¡t i hope you're kidding!!

Ben97XJ
    about what

aggie06stud
    i hadn't even though about swapping gears yet. i have no money! i need a job, this sucks.

Ben97XJ
    Don't worry about gears you are so far from gears.

aggie06stud
    that's what i thought, i just couldn't figure out if you meant for yourself? or if you meant me? it didn't make sense for me to have to change out my gears yet, after all 3" isn't that much.

Back to the warranty thing, if you want your warranty honored, don't do anything to your Jeep. Wheteher the warranty is honored is up to the discression of the service writers and managers. Once they say "no" there is little you can do about it.

For instance, the power steering pressure switch on the Golden Bubble had become inoperative due to a broken wire. Despite the 100,000 mile extended warranty, I was told that the broken wire was not a warranty issue because it looked like it had been damaged due to "impact." "Impact with what?" I asked, noting the inaccessable location of the wire. "Its been damaged by impact" was the response in a tone of "I'm the technician here, what the hell do you know?"

This is becomming a round story, so I'll get to the point. The dealer simply decides on a whim whether your expesive warranty will be made good. Don't give him any additional excuses to say no. Otherwise modify your Jeep and simply consider your warranty void.

-Mark
    '98 Chrysler Concorde "The Golden Bubble"

'85 CJ-7 "Norm"
    Just when you though it was safe to go back in the water...

bigFAWKINranger
    Originally posted by aggie06stud
    that's what i thought, i just couldn't figure out if you meant for yourself? or if you meant me? it didn't make sense for me to have to change out my gears yet, after all 3" isn't that much.
    ummm... dude, i hate to patronize, but you DO realize that LIFT has no effect on gear ratio whatsoever... its tire size that needs consideration.
    warranties are gay. i don't trust dealerships bc i work at one. save your skrilla, buy a 6" ProCrap lift and some cheap a$$ 33s. fawk some 31s, and double fawk 3" lift.

BigRedFord04
    Originally posted by bigFAWKINranger
    save your skrilla, buy a 6" ProCrap lift and some cheap a$$ 33s. fawk some 31s, and double fawk 3" lift.
    2nd that

Wait a little longer and buy more cool stuff. Once you have 33"s you're going to want to go bigger anyway, no sense in regearing twice. Save a little longer, maybe wait 'til the summer...6" lift, new gears, cut the fenders, 35"s....if you've got the extra $$ might think about swappin' in an 8.8" or a pair o' 44s before you buy gears. The right exploder 8.8" will come w/ rear discs and its an easy swap