Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: jeep warranty?

aggie06stud

jeep warranty?

my cherokee is still under warranty , and i was wondering if anyone knew if i could put a 3" factory lift on it without voiding the warranty. i want the extra clearance, but if it will void the warranty then i can wait. thank.

-josh b

You won't void your warranty with a lift as long as you don't do extensive mods along with it. A longarm lift might affect a warranty also. The dealership has to prove that the lift caused the problem or that abuse caused it in order to refuse warranty service. Since you have a Jeep, I think Bluebonnet in Navasota is supposed to be one of the better dealerships in the area as far as warranty work goes. Bossier seems to try to refuse a lot and if not they have always been bitches to me, so that's reason enough for me to not go anymore. I think Lissa got a lot of warranty stuff done to her Jeep at Bluebonnet after she took it and broke it in Alto a couple years ago. I think it was probably pretty obvious that it had been waaay off the beaten path and Bossier told her that she wasn't covered.

aggie06stud
    great thanks. do you know roughly were it is in navasota?

off Highway 6, I believe

aggie06stud
    cool. you wouldn't happen to know what size tires i can run with that 3" lift and no trim on the fenders would you? i'm thinkin 31's but i'm not sure.

we put a 3 1/2" Rancho on my buddy's xj and it fit 31s perfectly. Just get new rear springs...add-a-leafs suck
    But it's still just a grocery getter. Go all out and get one of those bad-ass 6" systems with rear coils so you can fit 33"s, that way when you end up doing it anyway in the future, you won't have wasted that $500 on the 3".
    Last edited by uglyota; 10-22-2002 at 11:20 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools

yea what he said...do it right the first time so you don't waste your money, if you want bigger then 31s, dont go 3" now, wait and go all out
    Cody Ainsworth || FTAC '05 || '91 YJ
    4.0, SOA, 36" IROKs, D30/F8.8, LockRight/Detroit, 4.56s, Hydro-Assist, fullcage, TJ flares, blah blah blah.
    www.Jeeps-Offroad.com || Pictures

Bossier Blows
    the first time i went to bluebonnet they were really cool and did all this stuff to the engine under warrenty, but when i went back about a year later because of exhaust problems(that all jeeps have wether they have been offroad or not) i told them that there was a crack in the manifold and that i needed a new one. They wanted to charge me something like 800 bucks to replace it when i (i mean jimmy)told them what i thought about that they said i still owed them $30 for looking at it, even though i (i mean jimmy) had already told them what was wrong with it.

lmao I had the exact same problem this summer. Except I was quoted 1k to 1200 for a new manifold. So I just slapped a header on
    Cody Ainsworth || FTAC '05 || '91 YJ
    4.0, SOA, 36" IROKs, D30/F8.8, LockRight/Detroit, 4.56s, Hydro-Assist, fullcage, TJ flares, blah blah blah.
    www.Jeeps-Offroad.com || Pictures

i just want to post more so i can change my title

aggie06stud
    here's the thing though, the lift that i have that i want to put on is stamped by the factory. does that make a difference, or can i go with a rancho? cause i would rather have 4" or 5" over a three anyday.

would y'all suggest discount tire for the best deals on 31"s?

Ben97XJ
    Discount is good because of the warranty. Or even better do like I did and find some good used ones hopfully with certs from discount. Keep in mind you will have to deal with driveline problems about about 3 inches. SYE are about $500.

BigRedFord04
    all y'all XJ people should cut your fenders and buy some real tires...and definately do it from discount....37"s are where its at...my next set is gonna cost $31 each....gawd bless road hazard

this was the guy's @ Ho'Reillys in Gilmer that helped me out a bunch

Ben97XJ
    Its not the cutting of Fenders I am hesitant about its the heavy price tag for new gears and if not then the heavy price tag from crappy gas mileage.

aggie06stud
    wait. i have to swap my gears too?