Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Mounting a bender?

I have used the ones like the first ones pictured but mine had little cones that u put in the bottom of the hole and the sleeve had a section on top for beating with a hammer that you had to crack off once it was seated.

ide get the size larger things that you have, redrill the holes, use stronger bolt and epoxy the bolts in the holes with the 2 part concrete epoxy
    Quote Originally Posted by afroman006
    Creighton, you have done stuff with that jeep that would make a goat go "holy ****!"
    So driving by brail is why your jeep looks the way it does eh?

I redrilled in the garage on the level slab using the same bit after I cut off the odd-ball Bosch grooves that were causing the bit to wobble. Used some gorilla glue after a guy at HD recommended it. It's supposed to expand as it dries, so I'm hoping it will do the trick. Cures to 90% in 4 hours, so I'll find out after lunch.

Looked for a 2 part concrete epoxy at HD, but couldn't find anything I liked. Thought about drilling out large holes, scaring the slab, then mixing some new grout and placing them that way, but I got lazy.

fbronco86
    Quote Originally Posted by JeepPhisherman
    I redrilled in the garage on the level slab using the same bit after I cut off the odd-ball Bosch grooves that were causing the bit to wobble. Used some gorilla glue after a guy at HD recommended it. It's supposed to expand as it dries, so I'm hoping it will do the trick. Cures to 90% in 4 hours, so I'll find out after lunch.

Looked for a 2 part concrete epoxy at HD, but couldn't find anything I liked. Thought about drilling out large holes, scaring the slab, then mixing some new grout and placing them that way, but I got lazy.
    We used the 2 part epoxy on our machine tie downs too. Its good stuff. I would let it cure to 100% before trying to use it.

True Hollywood Stry
    gorrilla glue sucks from my usage of it.
    He who dies with the most **** wins, after seeing your collection you are in the lead no doubt!

Gorilla glue has held up decent, still not perfect, grade 3 bolts, however, **** em...

I've only got 2 more bends to do once I get some more tube, so I'll keep it mounted with the 2 bolts. Whenever I get around to bumpers, this mount is going bye-bye, and I'll make a new one for my garage.

what kind of bender is it? JD2 or protools?
    1988 Blazer...RIP

jd2
    Creighton, you have done stuff with that jeep that would make a goat go "holy ****!"

that dom is a little harder to bend than the HREW

For one Grade 3 is your problem

Uh...why did you continue to use ****ty bolts after you broke one the first time?
    On the 8th day god created the Super Swamper TSL and said "go forth and kick ass"

True Hollywood Stry
    thats what i was wondering,
    He who dies with the most **** wins, after seeing your collection you are in the lead no doubt!

Uh...why did you continue to use ****ty bolts after you broke one the first time?
    I wasn't thinking. I'm using G5 1" bolts to hold it while I'm working, just used that one bolt to try and anchor them a little more after I had taken the bender down last night.

Not sure why they broke though, unless that is just one ****ty bolt. I wasn't even using leverage, just had my hand wrapped around the base of the ratchet. I wont be buying those from TSC anymore, that's for sure.

TSC sells grade 8, pretty cheap too.