Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: gears

gears

where is everyone getting thier gears from? I PMed a couple of places on pirate, and for the gears, master kits, and carriers, I'm looking at nearly 800 bucks! I mean damn, thats not even including lockers or anything

Flyin' the Hindenburg 2.0 DRAGOONRANCH's Avatar
    randy's ring and pinion seems to be the goto place.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredo View Post
    Ask your dad what it tastes like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler View Post
    Tell Chris to get it up and I will do it.
    My bitch better have my money...
    Through rain, sleet, or snow...
    My whore better have my money...
    Not half, not some, but all my cash...
    'Cause if she don't,
    I'm gonna put my foot in her ass.

PORC in georgia, they beat my other quoted prices by 5%

fbronco86
    I would get a beater set of gears off ebay. For the front axle who cares what you put in there.

True Hollywood Stry
    cause he prolly needs a really low ratio to help the tiny motor turn the 40 inch tires.
    He who dies with the most **** wins, after seeing your collection you are in the lead no doubt!

I use 4wheel parts in Austin. They still discount for TAMOR.
    Thanks,
    Chris Scotti
    1988 Suzuki Samurai buggy

and they warranty the setup of new stuff
    Thanks,
    Chris Scotti
    1988 Suzuki Samurai buggy

PORC is the place qouting me 800 bucks. The guy selling aussie lockers on pirate (machinewave) beat him by about 100 bucks at this point. I haven't seen the gearing I need on ebay yet (5.89s), and rarely see any gears for the D70 there. I'll be setting these up myself. As for 4wps and Randy's, both are quite a bit higher on prices at this point (haven't started trying to get them to beat the others prices yet)

Shaggy
    randy's

Quote Originally Posted by CRaSHnBuRN
    PORC is the place qouting me 800 bucks. The guy selling aussie lockers on pirate (machinewave) beat him by about 100 bucks at this point. I haven't seen the gearing I need on ebay yet (5.89s), and rarely see any gears for the D70 there. I'll be setting these up myself. As for 4wps and Randy's, both are quite a bit higher on prices at this point (haven't started trying to get them to beat the others prices yet)
    Call them back and let them know what you've been quoted. I got a quote from PORC, then Sky, then went back to PORC and they lowered theirs and offered me free shipping.

I'm gonna do the phone tag thing on wednesday and see what I can come up with. I'm still waiting to see if DC on pirate can get me a quote. They have 1/2 ton stuff for less than 400 bucks for the gear and masters shipped, and say thier 1 ton stuff is just a little more. One place quoted me over $950 Its amazing though to see the differences. For example I've seen the carrier go from 60 to 100 bucks. So if I get one place to match all the lowest costs given from different vendors, I think I may get the price down a bunch

btw, is there really any difference between running a spool in front versus being welded? I'm gonna be running hydro assist anyway. I mean, for the cost of a carrier, i could spend a little more and just get a spool and save the trouble of welding it up. I know I would go that route in the rear if there was a spool available for the D70

Just use the stock 4.10s and put a real motor in it.

Dude...welding a diff is a ghetto spool. If the price difference is negligible after its all said and done deffinately get a spool.
    On the 8th day god created the Super Swamper TSL and said "go forth and kick ass"

True Hollywood Stry
    Quote Originally Posted by afroman006
    Dude...welding a diff is a ghetto spool. If the price difference is negligible after its all said and done deffinately get a spool.
    I would weld it, when done right your not gonna have any problems breaking it. The only thing i see where his case would be different from most or mine is since he already has to get a new front carrier. so a spool would be a option costing from around 60-100 bucks more for the full spool versus just the new carrier.

I thought about spooling mine since i had to setup gears, but when faced with the 160 dollar plus price tag i went with welding. Granted this was partially also due to that i am running 4.10s and have a good amount of spare carriers, spiders, and gears for both my alxes.

if it is only gonna cost 50 or so more to spool i would spool if more i would weld.
    He who dies with the most **** wins, after seeing your collection you are in the lead no doubt!