Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: The Duke

Thats a long bike ride. Better make it two beers.
    On the 8th day god created the Super Swamper TSL and said "go forth and kick ass"

cut the frool in half
    Attached Images Attached Images    

lowballing someone
    thanks i appreciat the help
    Red 81 CJ5, 35's, 4.10 and detroit, 4 to 1 dana 300, tbi efi, flat belly, cage, chromos and auzzie in front... sometimes runs. body damage to come

lowballing someone
    well i got sick of not wheeling so i pulled the cj out of storage. got a new tbi adapter and a non ghetto ebay special red air filter assembly, replaced the rear shocks, retubed the rear pretzeled drive shaft and still need to redo the tube on the front shaft. the brake master cylinder needed to be replaced so i did that but still need to order an adjustable push rod for the booster so i can make the brakes firmer. i then replaced the stock crappy steering box mount that was cracked with a hd unit and added a steering box brace. Flem has agreed to come over tuesday afternoon to help me finally tune up the efi and get it running right so after that it should be good to go. lots of little problems left but it should be wheelable. just in time for spring break
    Red 81 CJ5, 35's, 4.10 and detroit, 4 to 1 dana 300, tbi efi, flat belly, cage, chromos and auzzie in front... sometimes runs. body damage to come

lowballing someone
    update... collecting dust in the garage with piles of parts for it and other projects sitting in and around it... haha

lowballing someone
    played with the jeep this weekend. went to south texas hunting/ bachelor party and got my first javelina. about 70 lbs. It's good to see the jeep back in action and i'm going to register it as an antique after the new year and start driving it around houston.

Like my rock crawler? KrazyKarl02's Avatar
    Those are some nice tires!
    -Karl
    2006 Chevy K3500 4X4 - No J.B. Weld on it yet!
    1982 thru 94 F-Series "The Klogger" AKA Transport on the road, on the trail, or on the trailer!
    1965 Chevelle
    1975 Corvette

lowballing someone
    Never got around to redoing the tbi so to get it reliable I've ordered a 38/38 weber carb for the time being which will work nicely with my 4.0 head and hei. Putting the beadlocks and tsl's back on it and making a front driveshaft and spare. Should be loading trailer friday morning and heading out Friday afternoon when Brian gets off work.

lowballing someone

Gonna be a new jeep

Time to step up a bit

82 Scout 44s) spooled front/rear, 5.38s, alloy USA inners, new Yukon outers, warn hubs with 3 or 4 spare hubs, spare stock inner/outer fronts and 6 rear shafts, bronco rotors, Chevy calipers, 2.5x8 PSC ram, front Clayton 3 link, double triangulated rear.

Also full psc hydro ram and air shocks rear and some serious wb modifications

I'm getting an orbital, lines and fittings and rear air shocks from scott so i belive i have everything i need to go linked and hydro.

All my current springs are trashed and most of the mounting points and a few cracks in the frame. I have been running the same suspension since hs. Time for an upgrade

yes i know 60s would have been nice but these are set up ready to go and end up costing 1/3 and i'm keeping my 36's and have a spare set of front chromo stubs laying around beyond the ones i just bought so i'm guessing i will be ok. I do have a detroit in the old d44 in the rear of the cj i could swap in if i decide i don't like one of the spools.
    Last edited by colman; 09-19-2014 at 12:53 PM.

How many Dooks is Tamor going to have?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharpe View Post
    F*ck off cj.

lowballing someone
    if you look at the date of original post mine was first by years so go sit on a pole and spin. on another note who the hell cares. on the last note i have renamed mine doodlebug a few years ago and am considering starting a new build thread since it is about to go into a whole new phase. thankyou come again

at the parts store, confusing the **** out of the guy.
    Quote Originally Posted by colman View Post
    Time to step up a bit

82 Scout 44s)
    That's quite an accomplishment since Scout production ended in 1980.
    "You know, this car is so fast, that giving Corvette owners this car, is kinda like giving an AK-47 to a pysch ward."

-Ron Fellows (Corvette C6R Team Driver)

Like my rock crawler? KrazyKarl02's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredo View Post
    That's quite an accomplishment since Scout production ended in 1980.
    -Karl
    2006 Chevy K3500 4X4 - No J.B. Weld on it yet!
    1982 thru 94 F-Series "The Klogger" AKA Transport on the road, on the trail, or on the trailer!
    1965 Chevelle
    1975 Corvette

lowballing someone
    haha I just copied the add from texas 4x4 where I bought them. This is my first experience with anything scout related.

Quote Originally Posted by colman View Post
    so go sit on a pole and spin.
    Just because you have "1982" axles, doesnt mean you have to use 1982 insults
    Quote Originally Posted by Graystroke View Post
    So you loose, I win!