Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: The Duke

lowballing someone
    i have completed the motor mount lift as well as buttoned up the tranny mount. i also made my tbi harness and adapter plate and modified the t-case shifters along with the hydro clutch install and yj brake upgrade. now to mount the fuel pump and see if it fires up. i will get that done saturday. i may even be able to start driving it again. with that said i am now cursed and am going to get back to studying for my stat test
    Red 81 CJ5, 35's, 4.10 and detroit, 4 to 1 dana 300, tbi efi, flat belly, cage, chromos and auzzie in front... sometimes runs. body damage to come

lowballing someone

updates

well i got sick of those damn carbs so i had to go ahead with the tbi that i had talked about for years so now it is in. made my own adapter plate and harness. i also finished my sliders/steps. now just to decide weather to leave the d30 or shorten and swap in the d44 in my garage
    Attached Images Attached Images        
    Last edited by colman; 04-12-2007 at 12:15 AM.
    Red 81 CJ5, 35's, 4.10 and detroit, 4 to 1 dana 300, tbi efi, flat belly, cage, chromos and auzzie in front... sometimes runs. body damage to come

lowballing someone
    so here is the question... does the jeep still look good with 33" swamper tsl's and will my jeep's offroad abilities really be hampered as compared to 35's or so? i had 37" mtr's but those hit to much even after 3 more inches lift and i wasn't going to trim the body anymore... so i thought 35's but this way i can flex alot more and not worry about my d30 grenading on me, i could probably even lock it.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

lowballing someone
    also the cj will become a daily driver as of the end of the summer so that also make me choose smaller tires.

44, 35s and lockahs. Otherwise you're just postponing the inevitable

lowballing someone
    i have a detroit in the rear right now with 4:10's so i could go iether way, so that helps a lot and i'm also building a cj7 that will be prety built up for the trails (360, granny t-18, d20 w/ 3.15 terra low range, d44 & 14-bolt welded w/ 4.10, 38.5's, lots of trimming and stretching)

i would say look for some 35's but that is just me.

how does the tbi run? Is that air filter permanent?
    Boats and hoes

Stumble in to the liquor store
    With a dollar-fifty for a bottle of wine,
    I know just what I'm lookin for
    Thunderbird will do just fine.

lowballing someone
    the 2 chips that i have for the tbi are not correct. one is rich(default mode) and one is lean so i need to send back the one that i had made and get a good one. even with those 2 problems it still runs better than any carb i ever had. and no that air filter/intake is not permanent, the clearance between the brake booster/mc(from a yj) and the tb is to close for anything that i could find on the market so i made one from ac tin for a house. as soon as i find a sutable replacement it will go on. bit on the bright side that K&N that i wrote on with a sharpe adds at least 10 HP and i still have a K&N filter on the end

lowballing someone
    i'll post a better picture tomorrow so that the *****ing and flaming can go as scheduled

I just realized that wasn't a 304 or 360, that's cool. Get the tbis set up right and don't look back. It can be a paint to get set up right, but it's so worth it.
    Boats and hoes

Stumble in to the liquor store
    With a dollar-fifty for a bottle of wine,
    I know just what I'm lookin for
    Thunderbird will do just fine.

lowballing someone
    i am also going to tbi the 360 that is going into the cj7 on steroids. should be fun

i think the 33's look pretty good IMO

lowballing someone
    you are only saying that because you want my 37's

want and need are totally different my friend. could be just the pic, but the proportions look ok to me