Thread: Interesting 208 observation

Interesting 208 observation

While moving **** around my shop yesterday, I noticed that the NP208 I have (same as any other one) is very similar to the NP218 I have. The difference beging the 218 is fulltime, has a fixed yoke rear output, and has cooler line fittings on the front of it. Now I's a thinkin, kludging the two together might be a good and cheap way to get a fixed yoke 208. The only problem would be the speedometer atachement point. On the 218 rear part the speedo hole is big, like 1 1/2".

Discuss.
    On the 8th day god created the Super Swamper TSL and said "go forth and kick ass"

should work, for the spedo I bet a spedo gear out of a jeep will fit in that shole
    Quote Originally Posted by afroman006
    Creighton, you have done stuff with that jeep that would make a goat go "holy ****!"
    Quote Originally Posted by afroman006
    So driving by brail is why your jeep looks the way it does eh?

Pics!!!

some th350 th200s and early 200r4 and 700r4 had the bigger speedo houseings i might have one layen around once i can get around in shop i'll look for it
    junior burrell || 88 mj & 77 j-10->soon to be diesel & 79 amx & 68 javelin || amc rules !!!!!!!!

Well I did not notice in my casual observation that the 218 is a d-side drop case. Oh well...
    On the 8th day god created the Super Swamper TSL and said "go forth and kick ass"