Well my mom is fixing to give me her truck which is a '03 2500HD crewcab long bed with the 6.0L and every option except leather. Now, its a great truck, its only towed a trailer once in its entire life, and it only has ~90k miles on it. So overall its in great condition and I'm glad I'm getting it but I was thinking, with how much driving I do and towing especially, I could probably financially justify having a diesel. The 6.0 gets 12-13 mpg empty and I dont know what it gets towing, I imagine its similar to my current crewcab (98 with vortec 454) at 7-8 mpg. The mileage is obviously the main point of getting the d-max, but the extra power for towing would be great also. So I'm looking into trading it in for a d-max.

I havent looked into it too much, but what years are the best for the duramax's? I still need to look up the KBB value on the current truck and compare it to the diesels. Ideally I would like to find a straight up trade but I dont know if any used truck dealers do that at all. I would prefer a crewcab long bed with as many options as possible, but I know I will probably have to sacrifice something somewhere along the way to get close to an even trade. I do not want a high mileage truck though. I am ****ing sick of having used up hooker daily drivers that need **** replaced every damn week.

Finally, does anyone have any dealers they would recomend? There are plenty in Corpus, Houston and Dallas but having somewhere to start would be nice. Thanks