Thread: Damn tj rotors help!!!

True Hollywood Stry

Damn tj rotors help!!!

trying to redo the front brakes on my moms tj, i cant get the fawking rotors off, i have soaked the center part in wd-40, and beat them fairly well trying to coherse them off. I am thinking the use of a slide hammer might do the trick, any other opinions.

also i assume it is the brakes since it gets a little side to side wobble when braking. First i checked the trackbar and everything looks bueno. it also seems the problem gets worse after driving a bit so i asume its the rotors and pads, evern though they dont seem to be bad.
    maybe some of you jeep people can point me in the right direction. Also fred if you read this ill be pm'ing you later about some stuff.
    He who dies with the most **** wins, after seeing your collection you are in the lead no doubt!

This is a dumb question, but did you take the circle clips off the lug studs?

If you have, just try hitting it with a rubber mallet a few more times. You may have to find a tubby friend to help put some fat boy power to it...

at the parts store, confusing the **** out of the guy.
    brett, have you not seen how they get them off in the shop? Half the time they are so rusted to the hub, they take the hub and rotor off as a unit and beat the **** out of the rotor with the sledge to seperate the two. TJ rotor to hub clearance is a bit too tight me thinks.
    "You know, this car is so fast, that giving Corvette owners this car, is kinda like giving an AK-47 to a pysch ward."

-Ron Fellows (Corvette C6R Team Driver)

i could see how that would work, to remove the hub you need to remove the 3 bolts behind the hub and the nut to release the axle
    Quote Originally Posted by afroman006
    Creighton, you have done stuff with that jeep that would make a goat go "holy ****!"
    So driving by brail is why your jeep looks the way it does eh?

there is the cooper chain and tire removal tool

at the parts store, confusing the **** out of the guy.
    Quote Originally Posted by AggieTJ2007
    i could see how that would work, to remove the hub you need to remove the 3 bolts behind the hub and the nut to release the axle
    No, they leave the shaft in so one of them has something to hold onto while the other one beats the **** out of the rotor.
    "You know, this car is so fast, that giving Corvette owners this car, is kinda like giving an AK-47 to a pysch ward."

-Ron Fellows (Corvette C6R Team Driver)

ahh, i was thinking of putting the rotor on two bricks and beating in the middle untill the hub falls out
    Creighton, you have done stuff with that jeep that would make a goat go "holy ****!"

I think I know about rust seizing a rotor to a hub... Think about where I'm from.

your from the beache

just helped a coworker do brakes on a wj. Its been in Indiana for the past 6 years. Massive amounts of BFH and mapp gas got that ****sucker off of there.

True Hollywood Stry
    i said fawk it, since it wasnt to bad, put it back toghether and told her if the breask start sucking or it really bothers her to take it our mechanic and let him fawk with it.
    He who dies with the most **** wins, after seeing your collection you are in the lead no doubt!