Thread: Roxanne: 1985 Cj-7

Hybrid View

at the parts store, confusing the **** out of the guy.
    You are not supposed to bottom the studs out. Only install the studs into the top of the knuckle by hand. Leave a 16th of slack or so from tight. They are supposed to be in tension, but not torqued into the knuckle. The non-threaded portion is so that the high steer arm and stud have a tighter fit than if it were just threaded all the way.
    "You know, this car is so fast, that giving Corvette owners this car, is kinda like giving an AK-47 to a pysch ward."

-Ron Fellows (Corvette C6R Team Driver)

Quote Originally Posted by Fredo View Post
    The non-threaded portion is so that the high steer arm and stud have a tighter fit than if it were just threaded all the way.
    maybe i'm missing something here, but it appears that all of the non-threaded portion of the stud will be concealed by the knuckle. If your reasoning was correct, shouldn't the non-threaded portion be more in the center of the stud?

Quote Originally Posted by tommy53002 View Post
    maybe i'm missing something here, but it appears that all of the non-threaded portion of the stud will be concealed by the knuckle. If your reasoning was correct, shouldn't the non-threaded portion be more in the center of the stud?
    Here is an earlier pic that shows a comparison.

http://www.tamor.org/forums/showthre...l=1#post300795
    Quote Originally Posted by jerryg79 View Post
    i dont speak australian.
    Quote Originally Posted by jerryg79 View Post
    seacrest, you are my hero!