Page 6 of 56 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Roxanne: 1985 Cj-7

Got an email today asking permission from www.jeeptubes.com to use photos of my jeep on there website because of the front bumper stinger I had built, CHECK IT OUT.
    http://www.jeeptubes.com/Stingers.html
    http://shop.jeeptubes.com/displayPro...7&categoryId=3

ill be your pickup man
    cool
    92 YJ
    04 F-150 4x4
    11 F-250 4x4

That's more reasonable on price than I thought it would have been. Congrats. I was on monster garage's website one time, I thought I was cool!
    Boats and hoes

Stumble in to the liquor store
    With a dollar-fifty for a bottle of wine,
    I know just what I'm lookin for
    Thunderbird will do just fine.

sprayin' the house down CheapJeep's Avatar
    http://dsc.discovery.com/fansites/mo...9/zoom_03.html

"Jimmy's 1979 International Scout

This is my 1979 International Scout. I have spent a lot of time making it a reputable off-road rig; I like to rock-crawl with it, though it is also my daily driver between Dallas and College Station, Texas. I am the public relations officer for Texas A&M Off-Road. Everyone in the club is a huge fan of the show, and any of us would love a spot on Monster Garage. We think you should have a collegiate challenge … Texas A&M would win hands-down against ANY other university!
    — Jimmy Brune
    Dallas, Texas"
    Last edited by CheapJeep; 08-09-2007 at 01:43 AM.
    1974 CJ5-The BarnBurner

Quote Originally Posted by stx4wheeler View Post
    Robbie is the Charlie Daniels of the super swamper.

got the axles taken off the jeep today and loaded up in the truck in order to take them to cs tomorrow, i'm planning on meeting cooper and given him my old ones so he can use them as rollers, then making the trip back to dallas with his axles, dana 30 arb 3.73 upgraded tierod and drag link (which i'm flipping over knuckle), amc 20 with one piece shafts, 3.73 arb.(planning on welding tubes to pumpkin) and air lines and compressor with wiring.
    Last edited by 85cj7; 01-02-2009 at 12:15 AM.

****ers!

we pretty much rebuilt both axles last night... they are pretty much all new and ready to go
    did about a weeks worth of work in a night... thanks for all the help ryan and cook

the spacers are why the tires fell off
    do not use spacers... i have them still if ryan wants them

he now has like 3 spare hubs, 3 spare front shafts and 2 spare 1 piece rear shafts... he should be good to go.

Teaching America's youth RCcola55's Avatar
    Things to hate:
    jeeps
    balljoints
    jeeps
    slide hammers
    jeeps
    late night of wrenching on other **** when you have to be at work at 6:30
    oh and did i say all things jeep.
    Last edited by RCcola55; 08-11-2007 at 05:57 PM.
    Ryan Clarke
    (214)695-7901

thanks for all the help guys, but consider yourselfs lucky that your work is done, after making the 3 hour drive, I have already stripped both axles with a wire wheel and lots of "simple green" repainted black, connected brake hardlines, and placed the rear axle on the springs. MORE FUN TO COME

got a bunch of work done today, got the rear axle done (besides bleeding the brakes) the front axle done (plus flipped the drag link and tie rod). just need to mount the oba and route the wires and air lines. PICTURES TO COME!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 85cj7
    ...but consider yourselfs lucky that your work is done

you kidding? i had the exact same amount of work of putting **** back together as you did right after you left.... got both axles put back under and hooked back up after you left.... and then ran into the fence in the back yard because i forgot i had let air in the brake lines... oops

...so then we went to the chicken and crapple got me drunk

ok fair enough, well the projects not over for me yet, i'm still having trouble with the compressor. It did run but the actuators didn't work for the lockers, so i thoguht i would get rid of the crappy crimp on splices, BIG MISTAKE, so I removed a number of these which weren't really do there job anyway because the wires fell out when i started to mess with them, i soldiered the wires together, and know everytime i give it power i blow the 30 amp in line fuse. So a lot more tinkering is in order. Should get the 35s on tomorrow, so i'll post pics then

i got the 35s on today and am going to flex it tomorrow to see where i rub, i took some before and after measurments with the 33s to the 35s
    1-transfer skid plate-before-14.25"-after-16.5"
    2-front u-bolt skids-before-9.75"-after 12"
    3-back u-bolt skids-before-9.25"-after-11.5"
    and for those for us that can't subtract thats a gain of 2.25"
    I also figured out all the wiring problems and have the compressor up and running as well as the arb's

ok got a question for yah, i knew i wasn't going crazy when it came to this electrical stuff, i was right all along in the wiring, when i take the compressor out of the car and mock things up it works correctly everytime, but the second i mount the compressor (not messing with any wires) i blow a fuse every time. Is it somehow grounding itself through the car which is messing everything up. But more importantly how do i fix this. Currently it is mounted up under the passanger side dash. But it is isolated from the firewall by some leaf springs bushings i has lying around to minimize vibrations. So it must be conducting current through the 4 bolts that are holding it through the firewall. Any ideas??????

does it blow the fuse instantly when the compressor kicks on, or does it take a second? are the air solenoids and switches and stuff on the same fuse as the compressor?

seems like you want a common ground but id have to see the whole thing i guess
    Seth Stewart '04
    2000 Suburban DD
    1995 F150 SAS - Needs more work to sell
    1998 GMC pickup - sold
    2003 Yukon XL - wrecked/motor donor
    1975 Scout - TBD
    1976 Scout - parts truck
    1972 IH 1310 dually - TBD
    196? Scout 800 - 302 roller