Page 7 of 56 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Roxanne: 1985 Cj-7

never mind i fixed it, one of the bolts holding the compressor to the firewall penetrated too far into the internals of the compressor and was actually becomming electrified, so i put a nut on the bolt to act as a spacer and everything is all right and finished. FINALLY. the only thing that is left is to adjust tire pressure, and get an alignment.

Quote Originally Posted by 85cj7
    never mind i fixed it, one of the bolts holding the compressor to the firewall penetrated too far into the internals of the compressor and was actually becomming electrified, so i put a nut on the bolt to act as a spacer and everything is all right and finished. FINALLY. the only thing that is left is to adjust tire pressure, and get an alignment.
    how did you manage this? the compressor should be sealed. touching a wire or connector?

1976 F-100 Kustom Krawler
    1976 F-150 Custom
    1964 CJ5

i flexed it and like i expected i'm going to rub on the rear fenderwells, so the plan is to put tj flares in the rear and possibly a 1" body lift to help with rubbing and for the future transfer case clock and flat belly plate.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

this is the best i could do to mimik a rti ramp, the curb plus the ramp is about 18", i might try to find a loading dock ramp to test it further, any much further though and i'll touch in the rear, i'm about an inch away on either side just flexed this much.
    Last edited by 85cj7; 08-17-2007 at 02:33 PM.

heres the compressor mounted and wired, and the new switches in the dash. The little black toggle with red led is the power and then the front and rear arb punch switches.
    Last edited by 85cj7; 08-17-2007 at 02:34 PM.

RCook527 Quote:
    Originally Posted by 85cj7

how did you manage this? the compressor should be sealed. touching a wire or connector?

I don't know there was 3 holes that were tapped into the compressor two of them i could see the end of because they were just in a thicker part of the aluminum housing. But the third hole went through into the mechanics of the compressor, So there was no end to the hole it just went deep into the compressor body itself. I don't know, i didn't make the holes so i'm just rolling with the punches.

savvyaggie
    looks good

well the clutch has gone from a pain in the ass to near impossible to drive sinse the last trip to 47. Any recommendations of brand or type for a replacements. And any clues of what exactly it is that is in there. Is to a clucth for the ford 302, or in line six???? I want to have the parts ready and available before I tear into this, sinse I have to drive this thing to school every day.

as far a replacements, I like my centerforce dual friction but it rattles because of the stupid conterwieght thingies.

Zoom clutches are good my theory is go with a good clutch that will last a long time because it a kinda a pain in the ass and you only want to do it once
    Quote Originally Posted by afroman006
    Creighton, you have done stuff with that jeep that would make a goat go "holy ****!"
    Quote Originally Posted by afroman006
    So driving by brail is why your jeep looks the way it does eh?

the PO claims that there is a centerforce II in it. We'll see if that holds true.

Flyin' the Hindenburg 2.0 DRAGOONRANCH's Avatar
    That's what is in the Cheby also. I really like it now that I got the problems w/ the hydro clutch system worked out. I 100% agree w/ Creighton on this one, don't go cheap unless you don't mind pullin the tranny alot more. And don't listen to a thing Eric says, he will have you putting in a pick and pull special.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredo View Post
    Ask your dad what it tastes like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler View Post
    Tell Chris to get it up and I will do it.
    My bitch better have my money...
    Through rain, sleet, or snow...
    My whore better have my money...
    Not half, not some, but all my cash...
    'Cause if she don't,
    I'm gonna put my foot in her ass.

so is it a ford flywheel and jeep pressure plate and clutch disk?

Flyin' the Hindenburg 2.0 DRAGOONRANCH's Avatar
    What motor and tranny do you have? Not that I will be able to help at all, but it might help others.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredo View Post
    Ask your dad what it tastes like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler View Post
    Tell Chris to get it up and I will do it.
    My bitch better have my money...
    Through rain, sleet, or snow...
    My whore better have my money...
    Not half, not some, but all my cash...
    'Cause if she don't,
    I'm gonna put my foot in her ass.

its a t-176 4 speed jeep transmission, with a ford 302, H.O. E.F.I. out of a gt mustang

Quote Originally Posted by 85cj7
    so is it a ford flywheel and jeep pressure plate and clutch disk?
    yes, order the clutch for the transmisson (jeep) and just get the flywheel turned at vilas

1976 F-100 Kustom Krawler
    1976 F-150 Custom
    1964 CJ5