Page 9 of 56 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 19 ... LastLast

Thread: Roxanne: 1985 Cj-7

i bought some tail light guards for the cj, i'm sick of replacing those damn lenses because of tree branches, and small pedestrians. I've heard that these are a bad idea on a stock jeep because if they do get hit the whole quarter pannel will be crushed instead of the light breaking. But i don't think that will be a problem with the diamond plate quarter pannels I have on mine. I got them half price because they were chipped, but a little paint and they were as good as new.

Before:
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by 85cj7; 11-16-2007 at 06:47 PM.

After:

light guards look nice, but have you seen Creighton's? Maybe that's not a real good example. I prefer frenched LEDs but make sure they're symmetrical cough Robbie cough
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools

when i bought the jeep it had the flush mounted round leds but i HATED the way they looked (in some way it made the jeep look like an asian) I don't know i'm just saying.

Well i've delayed for a good month on the issue of a cage. And finally will a little inspiration of birthday cash i bought a poison spyder cull trail cage. Heres the specs and pics. . . https://www.spydercustoms.com/index2.php

hopefully it'll get here before clayton with a couple days to put it together.

lowballing someone
    did you ever find a family style section, and does that cage come with provisions to tie it to the frame? are you going to paint match it or go black? looks like the jeep is coming together real nice and capable
    Red 81 CJ5, 35's, 4.10 and detroit, 4 to 1 dana 300, tbi efi, flat belly, cage, chromos and auzzie in front... sometimes runs. body damage to come

Quote Originally Posted by TxCruzr
    I'll be impressed if the light guards hold up to more then a small twig. They need more triangulation
    they hold up good, I backed into/leaned against a tree a couple of times and they protected the tailights, the body is a different story
    Quote Originally Posted by afroman006
    Creighton, you have done stuff with that jeep that would make a goat go "holy ****!"
    Quote Originally Posted by afroman006
    So driving by brail is why your jeep looks the way it does eh?

we only found one family style cage at the yards and it was burnt to a crisp. its wasn't worth the cash or pain it would have been to get it out. i don't think the poison spyder cage comes with frame tie ins, but i already have the bushings/tubing to make my own. I thought about color matching up figured it would be alot easier/cheaper/faster to reustoleum black it instead.

Teaching America's youth RCcola55's Avatar
    does that cage come pre notched?
    Ryan Clarke
    (214)695-7901

lowballing someone
    i would hope so at that price
    Red 81 CJ5, 35's, 4.10 and detroit, 4 to 1 dana 300, tbi efi, flat belly, cage, chromos and auzzie in front... sometimes runs. body damage to come

yah the site says they are, i ordered mine from www.4x4rockshop.com which actually came out cheaper than ordering it directly from poison spyder. It was 830 with shipping.

i picked up some rear tj flares while i was in dallas for $10. I painted them and got them on the cj today. I already had the tj flares in front but hadn't found a rear set until now. In the rti pic you can see the rear rubbing. Hopefully in picture two they won't. I cut off about 2-3" in the rear half of the wheel well and about 1/2" from the front.

pic 2 with tj flares in rear

looks killer. reverse shackle it and move the front axle forward an inch or so.

the next and maybe last buildup of the suspension is going to be soa so i'm not going to do shackle reversal because i've heard that its actually counter-productive on an soa setup. But moving the front forward by that much isn't a bad idea. My only question is aren't you limited by the pitman arm and steering box location? So wouldn't you have to move the box forward by the same amount you move your front axle?