Thread: Edelbrock E85 Carburetor

Edelbrock E85 Carburetor

Edelbrock came out with a more enviromentaly friendly way of buring more fuel.

E85 Carburetor

so my impression was that e85 was just closer to alcohol thus required higher compression than motors designed for conventional gas. So if I were to have my motor rebuilt with the capacity to run e85, is higher compression and the associated timing adjustments the only mods I'd have to do?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools

there's nothing too special about E85. it allows you to run more compression and timing, it doesnt require it. the main thing you have to change is you must run teflon fuel lines and some other small stuff i forgot about.

lowballing someone
    all of the rubber o rings in the fuel system have to be replaced if there are any
    Red 81 CJ5, 35's, 4.10 and detroit, 4 to 1 dana 300, tbi efi, flat belly, cage, chromos and auzzie in front... sometimes runs. body damage to come

I think there are some issues with head gaskets or something else too
    Quote Originally Posted by afroman006
    Creighton, you have done stuff with that jeep that would make a goat go "holy ****!"
    Quote Originally Posted by afroman006
    So driving by brail is why your jeep looks the way it does eh?

fbronco86
    In houston we are running 90/10 gas. Not 85/15.

Also you get less mpg cause this fuel sucks. Not as many BTU's. So for people like john out there who dont understand this stuff. Your engine has to burn more fuel to get the same power.

My dad fills his truck up in livingston just to get the 100% gas.

But I drive a diesel and use lower sulfer fuel so its slowing killing my injector pump and injectors cause my truck was not designed to run this crap.

It also takes a considerable amount more fuel I think stoich is like 9.5 or something like 25% more fuel is need, If applied to high hp engine you need a lot higher volume fuel system. check out turbomustangs.com there are a few guys on there that swear by it and it is not uncommon to make 1000+hp on a turbo E85 pumpgas motor.

Quote Originally Posted by fbronco86
    you have it backwards E85 is 85% alcohol not gas . all the 90/10 and 85/15 is the gov. showing how they got rid of mtbe in fuels alcohol just replaced mtbe because mtbe is hazardous to our water supplies.

fbronco86
    Quote Originally Posted by tigweld
    you have it backwards E85 is 85% alcohol not gas . all the 90/10 and 85/15 is the gov. showing how they got rid of mtbe in fuels alcohol just replaced mtbe because mtbe is hazardous to our water supplies.
    Yeah you are right we are currenty running 90% gas and 10% alcohol.

Quote Originally Posted by fbronco86

Also you get less mpg cause this fuel sucks. Not as many BTU's. So for people like john out there who dont understand this stuff. Your engine has to burn more fuel to get the same power.

My dad fills his truck up in livingston just to get the 100% gas.

But I drive a diesel and use lower sulfer fuel so its slowing killing my injector pump and injectors cause my truck was not designed to run this crap.