Page 19 of 50 FirstFirst ... 9 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 29 ... LastLast

Thread: Disco

at the parts store, confusing the **** out of the guy.
    we are drinking and checking out the new rover. The red one is still probably in the best shape, but for what he paid, the new one was definitely a good deal Grayson should be jealous of!
    "You know, this car is so fast, that giving Corvette owners this car, is kinda like giving an AK-47 to a pysch ward."

-Ron Fellows (Corvette C6R Team Driver)

Is the diff fawked up? why go to the trouble of a 4 pin if you are gonna just drive it?

Teaching America's youth RCcola55's Avatar
    found this for you flem
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Ryan Clarke
    (214)695-7901

looks like that cherokee that resides on holleman.

Grayson if I weld up a diff and put it in the 95 I'm not messing with the 2 pin 3rd members.

I saw a p38a at all import auto, but they probably want too much for the diffs.

Damn and Blast!
    Quote Originally Posted by robertf03 View Post
    I saw a p38a at all import auto, but they probably want too much for the diffs.
    I've got a '96 4.0SE P38 Parts Truck...What do you want?

do you have the rear diff?

Damn and Blast!
    do you have the rear diff?
    Yeah...the only thing I've pulled off of it so far was the spring conversion kit. Everything on it is good except the motor (overheated and grenade'd the block).

is this the fancy one with the wood grain leather? 4.0 or 4.6?

READ LIMEY!

Quote Originally Posted by Agrvr View Post
    I've got a '96 4.0SE P38 Parts Truck...What do you want?
    The wood grain one is the Holland and Holland and I think that is an '00. They had a 4.6 and is a bosch motor. The other Parts car of course is a Gems motor. It would have the better style oil pump and if the block is good would be good b/c it is cross bolted. also would have coil packs if you like those.

Damn and Blast!
    is this the fancy one with the wood grain leather? 4.0 or 4.6?
    No...as Grayson said...that's my pimp azz 4.6 Holland & Holland (2000 model). This is a '96 4.0SE (base model) that has a blown motor (top and bottom are fubar'd).

at the parts store, confusing the **** out of the guy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Agrvr View Post
    No...as Grayson said...that's my pimp azz 4.6 Holland & Holland (2000 model). This is a '96 4.0SE (base model) that has a blown motor (top and bottom are fubar'd).
    Sounds like the perfect candidate for an LS1 powered rover!
    "You know, this car is so fast, that giving Corvette owners this car, is kinda like giving an AK-47 to a pysch ward."

-Ron Fellows (Corvette C6R Team Driver)

That's good idea!

Well the new rover was getting warm with the AC on and overheated big time last weekend. It shot the plug out of the radiator and lost all of the antifreeze on I30. A new fan clutch and waterpump fixed it and the temperature gauge was solid on a drive from Dallas to CS.

Now the problem is the stereo. The speakers sound like ass, worse than my 95 that only has 2 factory door speakers and a hard wired Ipod.

I've never really gotten balls deep in a car audio project, but since this truck has seats that aren't torn and weatherstripping that still seals I can see spending alot of time in it on road trips so I'm going to at least investigate what it will take to make it sound decent.

First, I want to retain the stock headunit. All of the audio controls on the dash work and I want to keep it that way, and weatherband is nice. The stock headunit has 4 line outs and 1 subwoofer out, it uses an external amp (15w I think) with goofy common ground speakers. All new speaker wiring will be ran. I've never dealt with crossovers, to hook up the A pillar tweeters will I need to mess with them and get a 4 channel amp, hooking them up to the front outs? Is there a such thing as a 6 channel amp that has component outs?

Stock speaker setup is 2 door speakers, 2 A pillar tweeters that I think have built in cross overs and might be tied into the door speaker wiring. 2 rear pillar speakers, and 2 tiny subwoofers (6"?) in the rear door with an amp behind them.

The door and rear pillar speakers obviously need to be replaced, and that means replacing the amp too. I can't stand the look of aftermarket speaker grills, so I'm thinking I'll need some kind of low profile speakers? What is cheap and decent out there that should fit? I've had infinity kappas in the past and they had a tweeter that wouldn't clear the stock grills on other vehicles.

For the bass I plan on unplugging the rear door subs and replacing one of the rear cubbys (where the jump seats go on a 7 seater) with a MDF box and a 10" of some sort. Is there a big enough difference in sound on a 2 ohm and 4 ohm woofer to justify the price difference?
    Last edited by robertf03; 07-21-2008 at 10:56 AM.

The Crossfire speakers in my burb allowed you to either mount the tweeters on top of the speaker itself or remotely depending on what you wanted to do. They would easily fit behind a factory cover with the tweeters mounted remotely.
    On the 8th day god created the Super Swamper TSL and said "go forth and kick ass"

exiled no more
    Is there a big enough difference in sound on a 2 ohm and 4 ohm woofer to justify the price difference?
    generally...no

i have some 5.25" 3-way Pioneers and Alpines in the doors of the Tacoma that i'm not using either...could be got cheap (read: )