Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Tate House Build-up

Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy
    the houses are not as tight as chadnutz's house. i bought the biggest lot my floorplan would fit on. the house is 70' long and has to be set 16' back for the driveway. my lot is 130' deep so i have a decent size back yard. many of the other lots are closer to 100' deep so it would be like no back yard
    Doesn't look like those houses are much more than 10ft apart to me. Glad to see I can't buy a house on a single income without being used as a comparison for other people's first homes.

Quote Originally Posted by Chadnutz
    Doesn't look like those houses are much more than 10ft apart to me. Glad to see I can't buy a house on a single income without being used as a comparison for other people's first homes.
    agreed....ahh wtf....who said that...damn it!?!
    Quote Originally Posted by Graystroke View Post
    So you loose, I win!

You know you love me.

Shaggy
    some houses are only 10 ft apart and some are like 40 ft apart... looking closer at my lot it looks like mine is gonna be right at 10 ft

It's not so bad. I have awesome neighbors on both sides. One is a family but they are all really nice and help me out before I even ask. When my trees were recently planted I forgot and left the water on one of them on a windy day. The ground got so wet that it fell over. I was in the shower and one of them held the tree up while the other knocked on the door until I answered. They also let me put everything from my garage in theirs so I could paint my floor, and they would bring me bags of sawdust to soak up oil at the end of each day that they worked on their deck.

My other neighbors are a 22 and 23 year old couple. We go out a lot and they invite me over for food a lot. I only have basic cable, so when big sports games come on I watch them with those two. I also borrow their shop vac whenever I work with wood. It's nice to just hop off my porch and then hop onto theirs whenever I need something.

If your neighbors are cool, then the proximity doesn't matter. If they suck...well that's another story.

I like keeping my friends close and my enemies closer but my neighbors at least 20 feet away...errrr something.
    Boats and hoes

Stumble in to the liquor store
    With a dollar-fifty for a bottle of wine,
    I know just what I'm lookin for
    Thunderbird will do just fine.

with neighbors that close, who needs roommates? seriously though, they're being nice b/c you basically live with them. it's the same as feeling obligated to listen to at least the first half of your roommates horribly boring, unintelligible stories. pretty soon, it becomes the first half sentence. then its all over.

Shaggy
    well i dont know who is living next door to me yet because they haven't even broken ground but what i have seen so far is a bunch of young couples... it is so suberbia with little youngins playing in the street

Have you checked the traffic on Bulverde road during rush hour?

Shaggy
    bulverde isnt bad but the shorter way for me is to take 281 which sucks at rush hour

Shaggy
    Ok well things have changed bigtime in the last few days. The house I have discussed above is still being built but as a spec house because I backed out of it. I am now building one that it about 1000sf larger and much nicer. I had pretty much maxed the other house out on options. I found another builder (centex also but different plans) that I liked much better. The prices are higher but they come with most of the options I had selected already and offer many of the upgrades I couldnt even get with the other builder. I dont have any final numbers yet but yesterday we walked through one that was in the sheetrock stage. On thursday we are going to look at the model home that is almost finished being built. And then on Saturday we are going to finalize our paperwork for options and whatnot. This one will be somewhere in the $230K-250K range while the other was just 180K, but will be less per square foot and much much nicer. Only pitfall is that now instead of having a july/august close date I will have a august/sept close date... I guess I have a month to come up with that extra 50-70K.

Flyin' the Hindenburg 2.0 DRAGOONRANCH's Avatar
    Just pimp Jimmy out, I am sure he has some time he could free up for ya.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredo View Post
    Ask your dad what it tastes like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler View Post
    Tell Chris to get it up and I will do it.
    My bitch better have my money...
    Through rain, sleet, or snow...
    My whore better have my money...
    Not half, not some, but all my cash...
    'Cause if she don't,
    I'm gonna put my foot in her ass.

Shaggy
    i would but 10 buk fo fuk wont get me where i need to be fast enough... i am acutually not worried i can roll all the after purchase upgrades i was going to do up into my payment now

Quote Originally Posted by DRAGOONRANCH
    Just pimp Jimmy out, I am sure he has some time he could free up for ya.

The Voice of Wylie Pirate Soccer cannot afford that much house, even if I sold crank. (Well maybe if I sold crank)
    Boats and hoes

Stumble in to the liquor store
    With a dollar-fifty for a bottle of wine,
    I know just what I'm lookin for
    Thunderbird will do just fine.

Flyin' the Hindenburg 2.0 DRAGOONRANCH's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BMFScout
    The Voice of Wylie Pirate Soccer cannot afford that much house, even if I sold crank. (Well maybe if I sold crank)
    If you would diversify into 'shrooms, you could make that in a good weekend or so. This is purely speculation though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredo View Post
    Ask your dad what it tastes like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler View Post
    Tell Chris to get it up and I will do it.
    My bitch better have my money...
    Through rain, sleet, or snow...
    My whore better have my money...
    Not half, not some, but all my cash...
    'Cause if she don't,
    I'm gonna put my foot in her ass.