Page 29 of 45 FirstFirst ... 19 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 39 ... LastLast

Thread: Diesel Truck Shiat - Per Cook's Request...

I've been looking for those on the used market, not many there and the ones I do see are priced close to the diesels. I've never owned a gas powered truck, but my next one may be.

They also like to be white, I have to have something that looks like I'm not the oil field.

Anybody ever heard anything good or bad about Lubriguard diesel oil? We sell it at work and it's pretty cheap after my discount.
    '91 Bronco 351w, ZF5, D44 TTB, 9" rear swap with disk brakes, 37" toyos, method wheels, mastercraft seats, A/C and heat

7.3 owners with aftermarket exhaust. Muffler or no muffler?
    '91 Bronco 351w, ZF5, D44 TTB, 9" rear swap with disk brakes, 37" toyos, method wheels, mastercraft seats, A/C and heat

No muffler, but be prepared to hear the "picket fence" sound
    Born to Kill

Quote Originally Posted by RCcola55 View Post
    I just watched a spider dominate a fly on the wall outside, i thought would would travis do? and i did the opposite, spider lives!

If you are referring to Turbo surge, my truck already does it occasionally. if it's bad enough with a tuner and exhaust, then I'll look into a compressor wheel or something to fix it.

I'm not sure what it is called, but mine had the sound and I kept the factory wheel. At idle and normal driving there is very little difference between muffler and no muffler
    Born to Kill

Quote Originally Posted by RCcola55 View Post
    I just watched a spider dominate a fly on the wall outside, i thought would would travis do? and i did the opposite, spider lives!

Teaching America's youth RCcola55's Avatar
    I have no muffler, it gets kind of annoying with the windows down. But in reality, the turbo does most of the muffling.

The sound Travis is referring to I believe is the strange exhaust pulse you hear driving past a solid structure.

As far as turbo surge, I deleted the EBPV and that fixed a lot of it. Now to find that pesky oil drip.
    Ryan Clarke
    (214)695-7901

Clarke, what all is involved in deleting the ebpv? new housing and pedestal? I ordered a 4" mbrp exhaust sans muffler.

Teaching America's youth RCcola55's Avatar
    I took the turbo off and the valve out. You have to drill out the rivets on the butterfly to get the shaft out. Once it's gutted plug the external hole with a pipe plug. Takes an hr to do and 8 hrs to reinstall. Also get a new oring set.
    Ryan Clarke
    (214)695-7901

at the parts store, confusing the **** out of the guy.
    ...and get ready to wrestle with the vband clamps for at least one of those hours.
    "You know, this car is so fast, that giving Corvette owners this car, is kinda like giving an AK-47 to a pysch ward."

-Ron Fellows (Corvette C6R Team Driver)

Quote Originally Posted by Fredo View Post
    ...and get ready to wrestle with the vband clamps for at least one of those hours.
    On the 8th day god created the Super Swamper TSL and said "go forth and kick ass"

Whose motor is that?
    Quote Originally Posted by afroman006
    Creighton, you have done stuff with that jeep that would make a goat go "holy ****!"
    Quote Originally Posted by afroman006
    So driving by brail is why your jeep looks the way it does eh?

Chet's for a customer.