Page 43 of 45 FirstFirst ... 33 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 LastLast

Thread: Diesel Truck Shiat - Per Cook's Request...

My dad got a 2015 Duramax this past Wednesday, it is way nice. They have made the backseat a lot bigger, now a normal sized person can fit back there. And they really stepped up their interior game.
    "Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

"It's not cheating if you pay for it"

So they finally caught up with what Ford did in the 80s with their crew cabs?
    '91 Bronco 351w, ZF5, D44 TTB, 9" rear swap with disk brakes, 37" toyos, method wheels, mastercraft seats, A/C and heat

lowballing someone
    Brian's 05 has good backseat room...
    Red 81 CJ5, 35's, 4.10 and detroit, 4 to 1 dana 300, tbi efi, flat belly, cage, chromos and auzzie in front... sometimes runs. body damage to come

Quote Originally Posted by colman View Post
    Brian's 05 has good backseat room...
    Having owned an 02 crew cab duramax, a 2011 crew duramax and now a ford supercrew I have to agree with Sparling in this one, back seat room in Chevys sucked.

Like my rock crawler? KrazyKarl02's Avatar
    Having owned a 1999 F-250 extended cab and a 2006 Chevy C3500 crew cab, I have to say, who the **** cares about the back seat, I'm always driving.
    -Karl
    2006 Chevy K3500 4X4 - No J.B. Weld on it yet!
    1982 thru 94 F-Series "The Klogger" AKA Transport on the road, on the trail, or on the trailer!
    1965 Chevelle
    1975 Corvette

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyKarl02 View Post
    Having owned a 1999 F-250 extended cab and a 2006 Chevy C3500 crew cab, I have to say, who the **** cares about the back seat, I'm always driving.
    I used to feel this way. Two kids, two dogs and a wife later I am suddenly concerned with room in my truck. Surprise surprise.

Tell the kids to buy their own damn truck if they don't like it.
    On the 8th day god created the Super Swamper TSL and said "go forth and kick ass"

Like my rock crawler? KrazyKarl02's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FJAggie07 View Post
    I used to feel this way. Two kids, two dogs and a wife later I am suddenly concerned with room in my truck. Surprise surprise.
    My dad had a regular cab 76 ford with a camper top, we rode in the back.
    -Karl
    2006 Chevy K3500 4X4 - No J.B. Weld on it yet!
    1982 thru 94 F-Series "The Klogger" AKA Transport on the road, on the trail, or on the trailer!
    1965 Chevelle
    1975 Corvette

I need an intake tube and air box (top and bottom) for a '96 f-250 7.3L

Any hints where I might find one? I really don't want to have to pull one myself. I also want stock, no cold air/aftermarket.

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by jerryg79 View Post
    i dont speak australian.
    seacrest, you are my hero!

Dude, stop rubbing lotion on your hands and go get one at a picknpull yard. It's probably like a hose clamp and (4) 8mm bolts.
    '91 Bronco 351w, ZF5, D44 TTB, 9" rear swap with disk brakes, 37" toyos, method wheels, mastercraft seats, A/C and heat

I'm not saying it's difficult to remove. I'm saying that I don't have the time to dick around in a ****ty area of Dallas searching for a part that is for a friend of a friend. Got any Internet or Craigslist leads, let me know. . . .
    i dont speak australian.
    seacrest, you are my hero!

I got me a new truck a couple of weeks before clayton. 08 f250 with a 6.4. Low miles, lariat, clean paint, and you can talk at normal volumes to the person right next to you. Then I put a tablet in the dash.

looks sweet
    Born to Kill

Quote Originally Posted by RCcola55 View Post
    I just watched a spider dominate a fly on the wall outside, i thought would would travis do? and i did the opposite, spider lives!

Flyin' the Hindenburg 2.0 DRAGOONRANCH's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparling View Post
    I got me a new truck a couple of weeks before clayton. 08 f250 with a 6.4. Low miles, lariat, clean paint, and you can talk at normal volumes to the person right next to you. Then I put a tablet in the dash.
    How do you like the tablet in there? Easyish install?
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredo View Post
    Ask your dad what it tastes like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler View Post
    Tell Chris to get it up and I will do it.
    My bitch better have my money...
    Through rain, sleet, or snow...
    My whore better have my money...
    Not half, not some, but all my cash...
    'Cause if she don't,
    I'm gonna put my foot in her ass.

Diesel Truck Shiat - Per Cook's Request...

The tablet is great. There's an app for the radio so it has controls just like a touch screen aftermarket radio would, and I can use all sorts of apps like pandora, spotify, google or other map apps, Netflix, etc. I installed a Sony head unit behind it, so the tablet isn't really doing much with the eq stuff. All of my steering wheel controls and the factory sub are all connected and still work. I also have an app to monitor live data from my truck.

Install wasn't too bad. All I really had to do was trim the dash cover just a bit so the tablet would sit flush up against the opening. Most people I've seen are using iPad minis which are smaller than this tablet and are easier to install. The only weird thing was that I had to move the sub charging port so I could actually plug in a cable to charge it. I have it wired so it charges when the radio is on, but not through the radio, and there's an app to control the screen turning on and off since you can't press the home or power buttons.
    Last edited by Sparling; 04-22-2015 at 10:04 PM.