Page 3 of 45 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Diesel Truck Shiat - Per Cook's Request...

try that

Quote Originally Posted by fbronco86
    My truck is pretty sweet. I have done a few mods myself.
    I did some mods to the air cleaner and installed a K&N.
    Adjusted the hood screws to let more air into air box.
    Installed a pryo and adjusted the pump.
    David Oliver helped me adjust the timing.
    3inch straight pipe. I really wanted to put duals on it but I did not have the money at the time.

I think I got a 1 mpg increase it was sweet.

I am pretty sure I can pull more than chadnutz too.

Also when my truck is running it sounds like a pissed off 12valve.
    Still obsessed. I should have left you and your POS on the side of the road.

I'll say, he's so obsessed he sold it!
    Boats and hoes

Stumble in to the liquor store
    With a dollar-fifty for a bottle of wine,
    I know just what I'm lookin for
    Thunderbird will do just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Chadnutz
    Still obsessed. I should have left you and your POS on the side of the road.
    Note to self: If ever in a bind dont let chadnutz help you, he will hold it over your head four years later.
    Quote Originally Posted by Graystroke View Post
    So you loose, I win!

Flyin' the Hindenburg 2.0 DRAGOONRANCH's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackasic
    try that

You think he might have made the next heat if he had enough JB?!?!?
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredo View Post
    Ask your dad what it tastes like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler View Post
    Tell Chris to get it up and I will do it.
    My bitch better have my money...
    Through rain, sleet, or snow...
    My whore better have my money...
    Not half, not some, but all my cash...
    'Cause if she don't,
    I'm gonna put my foot in her ass.

Like my rock crawler? KrazyKarl02's Avatar
    So as I understand it the new diesel is lower in sulfur which reduce the fuels ability to lubricate parts in the fuel system.

Anyone have any useful comments (I realize this pretty much nixes Jimmy from the conversation) about what this lack of sulfur will mean to our older model diesels?

Is there a fuel additive we should consider to help extend the life of injector pumps, etc....
    -Karl
    2006 Chevy K3500 4X4 - No J.B. Weld on it yet!
    1982 thru 94 F-Series "The Klogger" AKA Transport on the road, on the trail, or on the trailer!
    1965 Chevelle
    1975 Corvette

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyKarl02
    So as I understand it the new diesel is lower in sulfur which reduce the fuels ability to lubricate parts in the fuel system.

Anyone have any useful comments (I realize this pretty much nixes Jimmy from the conversation) about what this lack of sulfur will mean to our older model diesels?

Is there a fuel additive we should consider to help extend the life of injector pumps, etc....
    Yeah that DieselKleen stuff is what everyone beats it too. I put a gallon through it every 7500 miles (oil change). Dave Krebs uses it every time he fills up, but that chit's too expensive for that.

I've also heard (read) that just dumping a quart or two of your old motor oil in the tank will do the same thing. But that just doesnt seem like a good idea to me.
    So you loose, I win!

Quote Originally Posted by Snatch Adams
    Yeah that DieselKleen stuff is what everyone beats it too. I put a gallon through it every 7500 miles (oil change). Dave Krebs uses it every time he fills up, but that chit's too expensive for that.

I've also heard (read) that just dumping a quart or two of your old motor oil in the tank will do the same thing. But that just doesnt seem like a good idea to me.
    I thought he did some gayness like a mixture of marvel mystery oil and other shat? I could be wrong as I haven't talked that gayness in a while.
    1988 Blazer...RIP

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Krebs
    I thought he did some gayness like a mixture of marvel mystery oil and other shat? I could be wrong as I haven't talked that gayness in a while.
    I'm sorry I'll rephrase - most normal people use dieselkleen, david krebs has super lubricators to go with his super oil filter.
    So you loose, I win!

the dieselkleen stuff is PowerService. ya can buy a 96oz bottle for 15bucks and ya put 10oz per fillup so it lasts longer than ya think. Ive been putting it in moms duramax and got better performance.

fbronco86

You should talk to my ole man about it. Get him some crown and you are set right jerry.

Quote Originally Posted by fbronco86
    You should talk to my ole man about it. Get him some crown and you are set right jerry.
    yes, but bring a bottle for yourself to, cause you aint getting any of the other one
    So you loose, I win!

I've a bunch on POR that the lower sulfur diesel will effect the seals on the older motors but an additive should prevent this and the ones that have replaced the seals have not had a problem after they were replaced.
    "Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter."

'69 FJ-40, chevy383, sm420, 37's, RedNeckRam
    '08 Tundra SR5 Poser Douche Rig on 35's

AgDieseler

I use FPPF cetane improver and lubricity improver. I mix them 50/50 at 150% of the individual recommended dosage. It made a big difference - about 1.5 mpg better, slight power increase, but mostly I wanted it just because it's the right thing to feed the pump and injectors.

Myths about motor oil, ATF, gasoline, etc. are just that - mythical bad ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by Snatch Adams
    Note to self: If ever in a bind dont let chadnutz help you, he will hold it over your head four years later.
    I don't see why someone I did a favor for is such a dick over a few dumb posts that never attacked him... Would you regret going out of your way for an e-dick?

If I don't post for a month I can still read about him obsessing over me. Get over it.