Page 37 of 45 FirstFirst ... 27 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ... LastLast

Thread: Diesel Truck Shiat - Per Cook's Request...

It needs injectors. PO never changed the oil.
    The truck runs fine once warmed up, it just can't handle the cold.
    Last edited by Sparling; 11-13-2013 at 03:45 PM.
    '91 Bronco 351w, ZF5, D44 TTB, 9" rear swap with disk brakes, 37" toyos, method wheels, mastercraft seats, A/C and heat

have u tested the glow plugs? we've ran both our 7.3 trucks with 2 dead injectors for a period of time and as long as the glow plugs would come on,(needed a new relay) they would start in even the coldest times of the year. if u dont have any dead holes when warm i would get a full set of injector o rings and throw those in. holding pressure over nite in the hp oil system is important for cold start performance.

Quote Originally Posted by 85cj7 View Post
    It is leaking from the plug in sensor with the red wire. Seen here:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2004-5-2013-...-/141030742673
    Quote Originally Posted by 85cj7 View Post
    I watched this and ordered a $20 o-ring kit that will be here on Wed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9boIwwN-AHA

I will let you know how it goes.
    Quote Originally Posted by AggieTJ2007 View Post
    The $20 oring kit will fix it right up. Mine was doing the same thing (for the last year) and I replaced the o-rings and I haven't had any problem. It is a really easy job and took me about 30 mins, maybe less.
    Mine just started doing this, looks like Im gonna have to do this as well as all the front end work.
    "Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

"It's not cheating if you pay for it"

Quote Originally Posted by sam_hodnett View Post
    Mine just started doing this, looks like Im gonna have to do this as well as all the front end work.
    Super easy to do. It look me about 30-min and all is right with the duramax again.

The o-rings for the fuel heater and the pressure valve were screwed. Mine was probably leaking from both.
    Quote Originally Posted by jerryg79 View Post
    i dont speak australian.
    Quote Originally Posted by jerryg79 View Post
    seacrest, you are my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by tigweld View Post
    have u tested the glow plugs? we've ran both our 7.3 trucks with 2 dead injectors for a period of time and as long as the glow plugs would come on,(needed a new relay) they would start in even the coldest times of the year. if u dont have any dead holes when warm i would get a full set of injector o rings and throw those in. holding pressure over nite in the hp oil system is important for cold start performance.
    It's not the glow plugs that are the issue, I have sticking poppet valves in the injectors and some of the injectors just will not deliver fuel until the oil warms up. What this means is that I can get my truck started without much trouble but until the oil warms up enough to get past the sticking valves and get them unstuck, the truck doesn't have enough power to even move. So I can either plug my truck in and this will keep the oil warm enough to start it right away and start driving, or not plug it in and I have to let my truck idle for like 10 minutes when it's 40 outside.
    '91 Bronco 351w, ZF5, D44 TTB, 9" rear swap with disk brakes, 37" toyos, method wheels, mastercraft seats, A/C and heat

Teaching America's youth RCcola55's Avatar
    Bet money it's the glow plug relay. I had that exact problem.
    Ryan Clarke
    (214)695-7901

It's not.

You know this how?
    Ryan Clarke
    (214)695-7901

Quote Originally Posted by RCcola55 View Post
    Bet money it's the glow plug relay. I had that exact problem.
    Did you have a problem with your truck not making power after starting, or just a hard time starting?
    Born to Kill

I just watched a spider dominate a fly on the wall outside, i thought would would travis do? and i did the opposite, spider lives!

Both. I replaced the relay and all was right with the world.
    Ryan Clarke
    (214)695-7901

You know this how?
    I know how to use a volt meter.

Usually when you ask for help you should say "I've tested it using ****** way" not just I know it's not it. I honestly doubt the injectors are causing your hard cold starts. I just replaced 3 injectors in a students '99. It started like a champ at 29* outside temp with then bad.

Even with an injector that leaks down or sticks, if the cylinders are prewarmed ( glow plugs) the engine will fire off.

Recheck your diagnosis procedures and you might find something you missed before, instead of ****** rigging ****.
    Ryan Clarke
    (214)695-7901

Usually when you ask for help you should say "I've tested it using ****** way" not just I know it's not it. I honestly doubt the injectors are causing your hard cold starts. I just replaced 3 injectors in a students '99. It started like a champ at 29* outside temp with then bad.

Even with an injector that leaks down or sticks, if the cylinders are prewarmed ( glow plugs) the engine will fire off.

Recheck your diagnosis procedures and you might find something you missed before, instead of ****** rigging ****.
    I didn't ask for help, I asked where to buy a timer. I also said starting it isn't the issue, it's the time that it takes for everything to warm up and stop sticking so I can actually drive the truck. Reading comprehension is a bitch.

So is not buying pos vehicles and using common sense, but hey we all have out faults.
    Last edited by RCcola55; 11-17-2013 at 11:59 PM.
    Ryan Clarke
    (214)695-7901

Meh, I miss my old truck all the time but this one has never left me stranded, even with all of its issues. I bought a cheap truck and got what I payed for, I'm not upset.