Page 13 of 45 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 23 ... LastLast

Thread: Diesel Truck Shiat - Per Cook's Request...

Quote Originally Posted by stx4wheeler View Post
    How would you identify the turbo o rings leaking?
    Leaks oil
    Born to Kill

Quote Originally Posted by RCcola55 View Post
    I just watched a spider dominate a fly on the wall outside, i thought would would travis do? and i did the opposite, spider lives!

got my 37 gallon tank into today

Quote Originally Posted by afroman006
    Creighton, you have done stuff with that jeep that would make a goat go "holy ****!"
    So driving by brail is why your jeep looks the way it does eh?

Quote Originally Posted by stx4wheeler View Post
    Alright, I'm probably buying an 03 death 250 2wd.
    I have zero knowledge of diesels other than the fact that I will now use the green handle at the gas station, and I'll will pay up the rear for oil changes.

Anything I need to know?

About how much is an oil change gonna run if I do it myself? Still 3-5k per oil change I assume.
    How often do I need to change the fuel filter? Brands to stay away from or use?

Also, anything to look for besides your standard used vehicle things like leaking oil, tires, etc that is diesel specific? What brand of chips are the best bang for the buck? I won't be adding one for a while if at all, but figured the info wouldn't hurt.

The history on the truck, it was bought by my girlfriends parents in like 06-07 with around 60-65k and the dealership had sold and serviced it since new and has been babied since. This is the main reason I like this truck because I know it hasn't been "Travis'd out" and has low miles for a 8yr old truck while being the last year of the 7.3l.

I feel this is a loaded question but, do you all with chips actually get better mileage if you don't drive like a bat out of he'll? Mainly interested in highway mileage?
    my 7.3 the fuel bowl o-rings leaked but I ordered replacements / repair from ebay
    Creighton, you have done stuff with that jeep that would make a goat go "holy ****!"

I change oil every 10k and let dealership do it. It is under $100 unless I get them to do other crap. I'm lazy I know
    Jonathan Tate
    2010 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 6.7 MegaCab
    2004 Jeep TJ
    1992 Jeep YJ
    2008 Jeep JKU
    2013 Ford Explorer Sport (mama's go fast car)

Flyin' the Hindenburg 2.0 DRAGOONRANCH's Avatar
    6 point blow? (6.0L)

Head gaskets/studs if it hasn't been done already. You put big power to these engines, it's going to cause you trouble more than likely.

Amsoil has a new 25k mile filter. If you are going to do it yourself, think of how much less you would have to change it running it out that long. The marine/diesel oil is well suited to run mileage like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredo View Post
    Ask your dad what it tastes like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler View Post
    Tell Chris to get it up and I will do it.
    My bitch better have my money...
    Through rain, sleet, or snow...
    My whore better have my money...
    Not half, not some, but all my cash...
    'Cause if she don't,
    I'm gonna put my foot in her ass.

True Hollywood Stry
    No Ed it's a 7.3l in 03 you got to choose if you wanted the 7.3 or 6.0. You couldn't pay me to buy a 6.0 especially an early model. I also do not plan on putting big power to it. If I want to go fast I'll buy a sports car.

Thanks for the info guys, ed I'll pm you once I get the truck and start crunching numbers on filters and such.
    He who dies with the most **** wins, after seeing your collection you are in the lead no doubt!

Flyin' the Hindenburg 2.0 DRAGOONRANCH's Avatar
    no problem. I will cut you the same deal everyone else in the club gets (pretty much my cost plus shipping and tax)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredo View Post
    Ask your dad what it tastes like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler View Post
    Tell Chris to get it up and I will do it.
    My bitch better have my money...
    Through rain, sleet, or snow...
    My whore better have my money...
    Not half, not some, but all my cash...
    'Cause if she don't,
    I'm gonna put my foot in her ass.

I need an oil change. PM me Ed.
    Jonathan Tate
    2010 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 6.7 MegaCab
    2004 Jeep TJ
    1992 Jeep YJ
    2008 Jeep JKU
    2013 Ford Explorer Sport (mama's go fast car)

True Hollywood Stry
    I picked up my new to me death 250 this weekend.

2003 xlt f-250 ext cab long bed
    7.3L powerstroke with 91k on the ticker, power windows, towing mirrors,etc. It has the 4spd auto with 3.73 and a limited slip. Also has a hideaway gooseneck hitch, rails for a traditional 5th wheel hitch, and a ranchhand rear replacement bumper. It also has a frontier grill guard and westin(old man) steps, toolbox, and spray in bedliner.

So far I am happy with it. It has lots of power and seems to get decent mpg using less than a 1/4 of a tank going from C.S to Crosby. It is going to need tires very soon, which is fine with me as I can get rid of the texas tilt which involves 285's out back and 235's up front, and I also picked up a set of excursion 16" aluminium wheels to replace the steel wheels with chrome covers.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Last edited by stx4wheeler; 04-24-2011 at 09:19 PM.
    He who dies with the most **** wins, after seeing your collection you are in the lead no doubt!

Nice, i'm looking for something similar when I can get a car loan. Except I want a manual, rubber floors and wind up windows. Nothing to break
    Last edited by TdmayfieldIV; 04-24-2011 at 10:58 PM.

Teaching America's youth RCcola55's Avatar
    Can you send me a better picture of those wheels, I may be interested in taking them off your hands
    Ryan Clarke
    (214)695-7901

I have never seen a problem with turbo o-rings leaking. Don't remember a truck where they didn't leak. Assuming this is why the turbo air lines have oil at the boots.

Do yourself a favor and buy a cam sensor to keep in the truck, they go out often but are about $20 and 2 minutes to replace. Maybe print out some instructions on how to change it and keep them with it. It's the same one used in the 99-02 7.3s. When buying parts you are better off to tell them the truck is an 02.

As for programmer, superchips 60hp tune has always worked well and I think it's the cheapest. You can pull 20k with it up most hills without slowing. I also like SCT because it will fit any Ford, reads codes, and is updatable for new models.

While all tuners claim to provide better mileage, I know of none that actually do on a 7.3.

Quote Originally Posted by eight View Post
    I have never seen a problem with turbo o-rings leaking.
    Go look at the dexter driveway. There's a sizeable spot from Ryan's truck (aka the deepwater horizon)

Quote Originally Posted by eight View Post
    I have never seen a problem with turbo o-rings leaking. Don't remember a truck where they didn't leak. Assuming this is why the turbo air lines have oil at the boots.

Do yourself a favor and buy a cam sensor to keep in the truck, they go out often but are about $20 and 2 minutes to replace. Maybe print out some instructions on how to change it and keep them with it. It's the same one used in the 99-02 7.3s. When buying parts you are better off to tell them the truck is an 02.
    i have got a spare cam sensor from my old 7.3 that you can have not sure if they are the same part number but pm me your address and I will mail it too you