Page 36 of 45 FirstFirst ... 26 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ... LastLast

Thread: Diesel Truck Shiat - Per Cook's Request...

I'd say Moog all day long for the pitman and Idler arms. The Idler arm comes with the bracket. I've sold 1000 of them, no complaints. As far as their ball joints go, sparling is right. Evan had a problem with moogs in the silver truck, had to replace them every 20k miles or so.

My truck had moogs when I changed them a couple of months ago, I was talking mad **** about them because I thought the truck had less than 140k, and factory bj's on these trucks normally last like 100k.............but when I realized it had 350k on it, i had to eat crow. Don't really know how many miles are on them. Judging by how tore up and dry rotten the rubber was, I would say they lasted a couple of years, and with the p.o, a couple of years is 200k miles.

Whatever the case may be, Moogs have lifetime warranties and are carried at literally every parts store in the u.s. If the parts guy isn't a douche and sees MOOG stamped on the bottom he will warranty them. If you do some beat off bj's, when they go out, despite maybe lasting 10k more miles, you'll still have to buy another set. I'll factor ease of warranty into any parts I buy because every part can fail at any time no matter how good the manufacturer says it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharpe View Post
    F*ck off cj.

Quote Originally Posted by TdmayfieldIV View Post
    I'd say Moog all day long for the pitman and Idler arms. The Idler arm comes with the bracket. I've sold 1000 of them, no complaints. As far as their ball joints go, sparling is right. Evan had a problem with moogs in the silver truck, had to replace them every 20k miles or so.

My truck had moogs when I changed them a couple of months ago, I was talking mad **** about them because I thought the truck had less than 140k, and factory bj's on these trucks normally last like 100k.............but when I realized it had 350k on it, i had to eat crow. Don't really know how many miles are on them. Judging by how tore up and dry rotten the rubber was, I would say they lasted a couple of years, and with the p.o, a couple of years is 200k miles.

Whatever the case may be, Moogs have lifetime warranties and are carried at literally every parts store in the u.s. If the parts guy isn't a douche and sees MOOG stamped on the bottom he will warranty them. If you do some beat off bj's, when they go out, despite maybe lasting 10k more miles, you'll still have to buy another set. I'll factor ease of warranty into any parts I buy because every part can fail at any time no matter how good the manufacturer says it is.
    Tommy is a liar. The stock balljoints on my old truck went out at 35K, Upgraded to moog and they have 80k on them and are still tight. get moog ball joints and good grease. Ball joints love grease with moly in it.

Rfk ball joints are 125 for all 4 on my truck. They also have a million mile warranty on them, although I have not seen anybody with experience warrantying them so I don't know how their customer service is in that respect.
    Also unless you meet a nice parts guy, company policy for parts stores is to not warranty anything without purchase history. I've run into this in SA with moog parts and Monroe shocks.
    '91 Bronco 351w, ZF5, D44 TTB, 9" rear swap with disk brakes, 37" toyos, method wheels, mastercraft seats, A/C and heat

ill be your pickup man
    Moog
    92 YJ
    04 F-150 4x4
    11 F-250 4x4

ill be your pickup man
    Didn't that era Chevy have problems with the steering shaft?
    92 YJ
    04 F-150 4x4
    11 F-250 4x4

Quote Originally Posted by Hellbent View Post
    Tommy is a liar. The stock balljoints on my old truck went out at 35K, Upgraded to moog and they have 80k on them and are still tight. get moog ball joints and good grease. Ball joints love grease with moly in it.
    Ooops, I thought it was the other way around.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharpe View Post
    F*ck off cj.

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Didn't that era Chevy have problems with the steering shaft?

Most Chevy SUVs and Trucks from like 99-07 (maybe even later), had a knocking sound issue with the steering shaft. Just makes a noise, no issue other than that.
    '73 J2000 Thriftside Gladiator, 258/T14/D20
    '81 CJ7 Laredo, 258/T176/D300

Where would someone buy a timer to use when plugging in my truck? It's going to be a long winter
    '91 Bronco 351w, ZF5, D44 TTB, 9" rear swap with disk brakes, 37" toyos, method wheels, mastercraft seats, A/C and heat

Home depot or lowes. Look for the plug in timers for christmas lights.
    Quote Originally Posted by afroman006
    Creighton, you have done stuff with that jeep that would make a goat go "holy ****!"
    Quote Originally Posted by afroman006
    So driving by brail is why your jeep looks the way it does eh?

Quote Originally Posted by AggieTJ2007 View Post
    Home depot or lowes. Look for the plug in timers for christmas lights.
    Sprinkler system timers also come to mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by jerryg79 View Post
    i dont speak australian.
    Quote Originally Posted by jerryg79 View Post
    seacrest, you are my hero!

Flyin' the Hindenburg 2.0 DRAGOONRANCH's Avatar
    Why buy a timer and not just plug it in when you get home and not worry about it? Just curious is all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredo View Post
    Ask your dad what it tastes like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler View Post
    Tell Chris to get it up and I will do it.
    My bitch better have my money...
    Through rain, sleet, or snow...
    My whore better have my money...
    Not half, not some, but all my cash...
    'Cause if she don't,
    I'm gonna put my foot in her ass.

Flyin' the Hindenburg 2.0 DRAGOONRANCH's Avatar
    Oh, and I added a small trickle charger so when I plug in for the grid heater, it tops the batteries off in the cold also.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredo View Post
    Ask your dad what it tastes like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler View Post
    Tell Chris to get it up and I will do it.
    My bitch better have my money...
    Through rain, sleet, or snow...
    My whore better have my money...
    Not half, not some, but all my cash...
    'Cause if she don't,
    I'm gonna put my foot in her ass.

Leaving my truck plugged in for 8-10 hours runs up the electric bill since I'll pretty much have to plug it in every night. A timer that just comes on for a couple of hours in the morning is much cheaper.

ill be your pickup man
    That must suck.
    92 YJ
    04 F-150 4x4
    11 F-250 4x4

Like my rock crawler? KrazyKarl02's Avatar
    WTF is wrong with your truck? I had a 99 7.3L Power Stroke and never had to use the block heater? Granted I never parked in like -10 ****, but I spent the night in places that were down to like 15 or 20F, All I did was get in it, hit the glow plugs and go.
    -Karl
    2006 Chevy K3500 4X4 - No J.B. Weld on it yet!
    1982 thru 94 F-Series "The Klogger" AKA Transport on the road, on the trail, or on the trailer!
    1965 Chevelle
    1975 Corvette