Page 41 of 45 FirstFirst ... 31 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 LastLast

Thread: Diesel Truck Shiat - Per Cook's Request...

I painted and cleaned my lenses up this weekend. I'll never buy another headlight restoration kit again. I used one before and my lenses were still cloudy as hell. I sanded with 600 then 1000 then put a coat of UV protective spar urethane on top. They look almost brand new now.

'91 Bronco 351w, ZF5, D44 TTB, 9" rear swap with disk brakes, 37" toyos, method wheels, mastercraft seats, A/C and heat

Awesome bro
    Born to Kill

Quote Originally Posted by RCcola55 View Post
    I just watched a spider dominate a fly on the wall outside, i thought would would travis do? and i did the opposite, spider lives!

Quote Originally Posted by TdmayfieldIV View Post

Diesel Rice!!

now I don't have to replace my headlights...

That fits pretty well! I need to see what size bar will look best on my ranch hand...
    '73 J2000 Thriftside Gladiator, 258/T14/D20
    '81 CJ7 Laredo, 258/T176/D300

It's like it was made for a 20". I had to trim a **** hair's worth of plastic off to make it fit but it fits pretty snugly now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharpe View Post
    F*ck off cj.

Isnt your transmission cooler directly behind the vent you just blocked with a lighbar?
    Quote Originally Posted by afroman006
    Creighton, you have done stuff with that jeep that would make a goat go "holy ****!"
    Quote Originally Posted by afroman006
    So driving by brail is why your jeep looks the way it does eh?

Yes.
    '91 Bronco 351w, ZF5, D44 TTB, 9" rear swap with disk brakes, 37" toyos, method wheels, mastercraft seats, A/C and heat

Power steering cooler
    F*ck off cj.

And then behind that is the transmission cooler.

well then technically it blocks the ps cooler, the intercooler, the tranny cooler and the radiator.....It's just a massive brick of fins behind the bumper.

However, my truck has the super dooper cooling package, it can make it to clayton and back towing bronca with no coolant cap without overheating.
    Last edited by TdmayfieldIV; 04-01-2014 at 03:41 PM.
    F*ck off cj.

Quote Originally Posted by TdmayfieldIV View Post
    well then technically it blocks the ps cooler, the intercooler, the tranny cooler and the radiator.....It's just a massive brick of fins behind the bumper.

However, my truck has the super dooper cooling package, it can make it to clayton and back towing bronca with no coolant cap without overheating.

I heard 7.3's only have radiators to make other trucks feel better.
    Born to Kill

Quote Originally Posted by RCcola55 View Post
    I just watched a spider dominate a fly on the wall outside, i thought would would travis do? and i did the opposite, spider lives!

Their exhaust cures cancer too.
    '73 J2000 Thriftside Gladiator, 258/T14/D20
    '81 CJ7 Laredo, 258/T176/D300

ill be your pickup man
    I got a price today on a full bro diesel package at TSD. Talked to a full on bro at the counter even. Discussed my concerns with smoke

I could almost buy a new fourwheeler for price of full bro kit
    92 YJ
    04 F-150 4x4
    11 F-250 4x4

If you think you will ever want to do a delete package on your truck, I would buy a minimaxx race tuner asap. H&S got hit with some big EPA fines and they don't make them anymore. Delete tuners are going to be extremely hard to find unless someone moves their stuff to a different country. I'm pretty sure all you would need for a delete are the race tuner, an EGR delete and an exhaust kit, but talk to Evan as obviously, he's been down that road. I would suggest if you did go full bro, to get some really good tunes from someone. Matt from Gearhead Automotive Performance just started doing 6.7 tunes and he lives in CS. Tommy and I both have tunes from him, and I know on at least my truck, I have just a haze of smoke off idle and it's very clean up top, much less smoke than with any other tunes I've had and I have bigger injectors. Matt is known as the go to guy for smoke free power. The newer tunes on the market are really good at keeping the turbo speed in check, the old tuning let the turbo overspeed and that helped kill the turbo. The owners from TSD (at least one if not both) are aggies, and they are in a market dominated by the bro with too much money, but they have some of the cleanest and nicest trucks. I've heard only good things about that shop but this is definitely something you can do in your driveway. If you have beer to drink I can come give you some help and maybe some limited bro advice. I would at least get onto a diesel forum and look at some of the stuff in the 6.7 section. Morgan and Colton in CS have done a good amount of 6.7 stuff so you could also talk to them. Best place to buy stuff is through vendors on one of the forums, make an account and pm them for prices on stuff.
    Last edited by Sparling; 04-04-2014 at 09:24 PM.

My big tune from gearhead is a little smokey....
    F*ck off cj.

The all out tune will smoke on any truck, not to mention you said your truck needs a new HPOP. Low ICP will cause your truck to be smokier.