Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Willy: 1961 CJ-6

RockHillCJ-6

Willy: 1961 CJ-6

So I guess its time that I started a build up thread for my jeep that i have talked about all year and noone has ever seen. So far these are my plans: I have already put in a rear Dana 60 and a front 44 and I have a Chrysler 318/A-700/NP203 that I will put in it. i want to do full hydro steering and put in a roll cage. So far i only have the axles in because i dont have the tools to continue with the drivetrain install. So im looking for help on that.
    i couldnt get photos on the thread but here they are on my facebook PICS

sprayin' the house down CheapJeep's Avatar
    Lookin' good Field. Go to www.photobucket.com and make yourself an account for free to host pics on here since alot of members don't have a facebook account. After you make your account on photobucket and upload pics from your computer, copy the IMG tag and paste it in your post here.
    1974 CJ5-The BarnBurner

Quote Originally Posted by stx4wheeler View Post
    Robbie is the Charlie Daniels of the super swamper.

Cool... but why build up the jeep and not the dodge, that thing is pimp

I know you probly want a light wieght rock rig (i do) but everbody has a jeep and not many have a 4-door dodge as there trail rig.
    Born to Kill

Quote Originally Posted by RCcola55 View Post
    I just watched a spider dominate a fly on the wall outside, i thought would would travis do? and i did the opposite, spider lives!

Flyin' the Hindenburg 2.0 DRAGOONRANCH's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJo
    I know you probly want a light wieght rock rig (i do) but everbody has a jeep and not many have a 4-door dodge as there trail rig.

Thats what I'm talkin bout. We need some more fool...I mean full size rigs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredo View Post
    Ask your dad what it tastes like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler View Post
    Tell Chris to get it up and I will do it.
    My bitch better have my money...
    Through rain, sleet, or snow...
    My whore better have my money...
    Not half, not some, but all my cash...
    'Cause if she don't,
    I'm gonna put my foot in her ass.

Flyin' the Hindenburg 2.0 DRAGOONRANCH's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CheapJeep
    Lookin' good Field. Go to www.photobucket.com and make yourself an account for free to host pics on here since alot of members don't have a facebook account. After you make your account on photobucket and upload pics from your computer, copy the IMG tag and paste it in your post here.

The photobucket is the way to go, as most work computers block facebook and myspace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredo View Post
    Ask your dad what it tastes like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler View Post
    Tell Chris to get it up and I will do it.
    My bitch better have my money...
    Through rain, sleet, or snow...
    My whore better have my money...
    Not half, not some, but all my cash...
    'Cause if she don't,
    I'm gonna put my foot in her ass.

RockHillCJ-6
    i will start photobucket account and get some more pics up.i thought about using the truck but then thought that the jeep would be easier to work on, which at this point it would have been the same either way. but now the truck is in a million peices so its out of the question. i really wasnt thinking that hard when i got the truck.

the jeep will be a better trail rig anyway.
    Born to Kill

Quote Originally Posted by RCcola55 View Post
    I just watched a spider dominate a fly on the wall outside, i thought would would travis do? and i did the opposite, spider lives!

RockHillCJ-6
    yeah, ill get more flex and clearance out of the jeep i think, and i wanted to use it cause its a not so common model, plus it already has a 102" wheelbase, so if i ever stretch it, it will be super long, for a jeep. and the jeep meant more to me than the truck.

RockHillCJ-6
    Here are the pics for those that didnt see them the first time. im going to get some up to date ones in a few days.
    the donor truck

the original 4 banger

front axle out

rear axle out, drivetrain out, fenders off, ''roll bar'' out

front dana 44 in place to build brackets

318 still in the truck

What did you get from that dodge crewcab? If you still have it you should put whats left on TDR. Some of those dudes spank it to those crewcabs.
    1988 Blazer...RIP

RockHillCJ-6
    all thats left is the frame, bed and cab. and im going to use the d-plate form the bed to make floor panels for the jeep and the c-channel to make brackets, then im selling the rest for scrap because the cab is screwed up. none of the doors shut all the way and the passenger side roof is damaged froma tree falling on it so you cant put a windshield in it(you can see whats left of the plexiglass that was glued in there as a windshield in the pic)

so that 44 is unit bearing? you going to run it like that?

1976 F-100 Kustom Krawler
    1976 F-150 Custom
    1964 CJ5

RockHillCJ-6
    what is unit bearing?

doesn't have hubs. bearings and stub shaft are all in one assembly. dodge, jeep, and newer chevys use them. other than that, i don't know a whole lot about them.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

1976 F-100 Kustom Krawler
    1976 F-150 Custom
    1964 CJ5

The stub shaft is actually not part of the assembly, it is a seperate piece. They have one of those axles at Gordons on the axle racks, its green. Unit bearings are typically considered weaker but the main drawback is they are not serviceable and you cant "unlock" them. I say run the axle as is until you have any problems.
    On the 8th day god created the Super Swamper TSL and said "go forth and kick ass"