Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Gilmer

froader03

Gilmer

Gilmer this weekend. let's get a head count and see if we can't get a discount if we get a large enough group. email or PM Lynda with your info if you're going and she'll keep a running list like she did for the SA trip.

all for now.

Hensel

Rex
    It looks like y'all might have some El Whore's going, too. I wish I could go. We should try to make some new trails out there some time.

BigLee
    If any of y'all have a trailer but would like a tow, ill be more than happy to tow somebody and I would also be willing to take the digi cam and take alotta pics if i can find a ride, Allison might go so if we could find 2 seats in the same vehicle that would be best, but as of right now im not shure if she is going to go or not.

ill be your pickup man
    I am going, jsut happens that we had a planned BigBronco run this weekend. They open up Thursday night. I will not be taking my Bronco, but if you have a trailer and need towing, i could do it(nothing too heavy though, 1/2 ton Tahoe)
    92 YJ
    04 F-150 4x4
    11 F-250 4x4

I want to go BAD, I will see if I can hike up my skirt and get **** together before then. I would like to tow it up there so I can wheel it like I stole it, but need to find a trailer, and someone willing to tow a heavy ass scout. I could use mine but I don't feel like driving to Dallas and then Gilmer and vice versa again. I need a new tire, alternator, and stub shaft to be ready, we'll see what happens this week with Discount and my tire warranty...
    Boats and hoes

Stumble in to the liquor store
    With a dollar-fifty for a bottle of wine,
    I know just what I'm lookin for
    Thunderbird will do just fine.

Jimmy - PM me or call the house tomorrow sometime and I can give you directions to a local j-yard that may have what you're looking for

I have the stub shaft, I just need to get the tire and my alternator upgraded, thanks for the lead though Brett. I had this good idea, I know it doesn't happen very often...

Since it seems that we have a joint venture with Lhor about once a semester, I say we have a once a semester club challenge just us against lhor at Gilmer. We could make it for time through a section of the rock garden for time or maybe for time up deWoody or Airstrip. I think this would motivate the best of both clubs to get their asses out there. We could buy a bigass D-ring or something similar, maybe the "Golden broken stub shaft" Something of not a lot of value, just to represent bragging rights. If we can't beat them on the field maybe we could beat them on the trail. I think it's a kickass idea, what do you guys think?
    Boats and hoes

I'm all for something like that - I (among others) need something to get me motivated enough to get my Jeep back on the trails

Shaggy
    that sounds like a great idea jimmy... I am about to tell my boss he could shove these damn weekend shifts that i always have up his azz... i wanna go on some damn trips now that the bronco is going strong... and i really think it will incourage the best rigs to show up

sideways again... redcagepatrol's Avatar
    I think that planning NOW for a challenge this weekend is a BAD idea. I am sure that L-Hor would like a little advance notice.

A challenge is a great idea, we just need all of our good rigs there so we can be SURE we win - needless to say, save the challenge for next semester with lots of advance notice.
    Scott, FTAC '99
    '62 Nissan Patrol 4-seat Twisted Customs Buggy
    '89 "CJ-7" - Her trail rig
    '05 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 TRD - her daily driver...
    '08 Dodge 2500 Mega Cab 6.7 Diesel 4x4
    scott.schubring@williams.com

The office sucks - I wanna go wheeling!

Krawler68
    we will own those challenges with our good rigs... Hal will be there and Duke may have his junk together by then, but they still won't be able to hold us.... Our rigs and drivers are light years ahead of them.

I'll bring the EB out to the spanking...

Doug

Just a friendly competition to bring us together, b/c last time we were out there I didn't meet one lhor guy. This way while we crawl through the rock garden we can stand around and bull**** with them while we watch. I don't think it's too late, I just don't know if I am going to be ready to go or not, so I am not going to extend a challenge and then not show up. Shipman is going so we should have winning covered, but the point would be some way to meet them and bring the two klubs together. Someone who is on their board could propose the idea to them and see what they think, if they say they aren't prepared, then we could wait until next semester. I'm going to try like hell to get there, I wouldn't mind konstructing the kustom award from some broken ass part that is hanging on the wall of shame in my shop. I assure you we can win without any toyotas there...
    Boats and hoes

Krawler68
    I doubt anybody wants to lose right off the bat... but frankly this round of comps...Hal Frost has a win in the bag with EITHER of his ZJ's... I think you boys will be pissed if you get a showdown planned and then end up not only losing but breaking a lot too... Why not just wait?

Also...if you really wanted to meet some El Whore's all you need to do is go and shake their hand... they won't bite... hard...

BigLee
    OK, so my truck is ****ed, so im not gunna be able to tow any of y'all sorry. The electrical system is ****ed, not shure whats really wrong with it but if im lucky ill get it back by friday but prolly not.

Ok, we'll just put off the club challenge until our club badasses can get their rigs out of their shops or finish having their **** built for them. I guess that will be sometime next summer or so. Until then we will just sit back and be in awe of a jeep with pricey springs, better yet let's start a movement to postpone this years football game until our defense gets their **** together and we get a better coach, hike up your skirt Nancy, who gives a **** if they win, we would get it back next time, I am just trying to get the ball rolling, whatever...
    Boats and hoes