Thread: Gears

Shaggy

Gears

I am going to be ordering gears for my bronco in the next week or so but don't really know who to order them from... let me know of some places... ya'lls good experiences (hopefully) with them and such... I need to try to get them soon because I am getting freagin' eager to wheel...
    thanks

BigRedFord04
    Randy's Ring and Pinion had the best deal when I was shopping around. No complaints yet. They have Yukon Gears. www.ring-pinion.com 1.800.292.1031

bigFAWKINranger
    agreed... if i am not mistaken, RANDY'S actually warranties their gears even if you install them wrong. sounds like a good company to do business with. its where i'll be ordering mine here real soon.

Fresh Cope, It Satisfies! StevenAg03's Avatar
    i got mine from a guy at 4WPW....i paid like 200 for gears and setup for the 8.8 and a lil under 200 for the gears and setup kit on the 9". also i dont believe that randy's warrenties mis-installation....i know that the genuin gears from 4WPW are warrentied agients anythign though...says it right on the warrenty information card
    Steven W
    02 Dodge 2500
    82 CJ-7 - sitting in a field...

"....Your theory is f*cked up like a football bat...."

Shaggy
    i have been looking around and getting gears for the 9" is gonna be pretty easy... but i dont really wanna go through the process of doing a SAS right now and i cant find anything for a TTB44... can you even change the gears in it er what... anyone know

BigRedFord04
    The TTB 44 has the same carrier and gears, etc as a standard solid 44, the only thing about replacing the gears is that the standard install kit wont come w/ a few of the TTB specific seals and sh¡t you'll need to put it back together.

Also, there is no warranty thru Randy's, but it's good stuff, and you dont have to deal w/ 4WPW. Just make sure you get it installed right.

Shaggy
    Originally posted by BigRedFord04
    The TTB 44 has the same carrier and gears, etc as a standard solid 44, the only thing about replacing the gears is that the standard install kit wont come w/ a few of the TTB specific seals and sh¡t you'll need to put it back together.

Also, there is no warranty thru Randy's, but it's good stuff, and you dont have to deal w/ 4WPW. Just make sure you get it installed right.

sweet that doesnt sound bad... that way i wont have to buy different gears when i actually get around to doing to SAS

BigRedFord04
    shouldnt have to...there is a carrier change for 3.92 and up though or something like that...

fbronco86
    i have some 4.10 gears for a dana 44

Shaggy
    Originally posted by fbronco86
    i have some 4.10 gears for a dana 44
    thanks but i am going to somthing in the 4.88 range

ill be your pickup man
    how much for the 4.10s, Mike?
    92 YJ
    04 F-150 4x4
    11 F-250 4x4

fbronco86
    I just got this axle and i have not even looked at them yet so i am not real sure what kinda cond they are in. i would say 70 for the gears and carrier.

One thing that I have heard about gears and warranties is this. Sometimes the places that have the lifetime warranties on their gears are the ones that you have to use the warranty. Other places don't have the best warranty, but the gears are of better quality they don't break in the first place. Just food for thought.
    Seth