Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: LT1 running like A**

My thingy is primarily a code reader but it can display a dynamic reading of a bunch of engine sensor stuff that I dont understand, so it's probably worth a try.
    On the 8th day god created the Super Swamper TSL and said "go forth and kick ass"

at the parts store, confusing the **** out of the guy.
    If it's showing realtime sensor data, you should be good.
    "You know, this car is so fast, that giving Corvette owners this car, is kinda like giving an AK-47 to a pysch ward."

-Ron Fellows (Corvette C6R Team Driver)

Quote Originally Posted by agjohn02
    bad injectors do not make it run crappy. i had two that were frozen when i first got the scout running. other than power and exhaust note, i couldnt tell a difference. i towed my boat and all my crap to south texas before i figured out what the problem was. i used a stethoscope to figure out which ones werent working, tapped on them with a screwdriver and they broke loose and have worked fine ever since.

does the car run better under light throttle than it does if you get on it?

I don't know about that. I rode with a friend right after he got done putting a lt1 in his cruiser and it would run like poo at low rpms and even died a few times at idle. Ran fine at higher rpms thought. Ended up being 2 of the injectors.
    "Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter."

'69 FJ-40, chevy383, sm420, 37's, RedNeckRam
    '08 Tundra SR5 Poser Douche Rig on 35's

at the parts store, confusing the **** out of the guy.
    I guess it could be kinda like if you have bad or missing plugs/wires. Depending on which cylinders aren't firing and their location in the firing order, it might not run that bad. Also, if the injector is stuck, it could still be leaking slightly allowing that cylinder to fire, but run lean.
    Last edited by Fredo; 03-26-2007 at 04:20 PM.
    "You know, this car is so fast, that giving Corvette owners this car, is kinda like giving an AK-47 to a pysch ward."

-Ron Fellows (Corvette C6R Team Driver)

Teaching America's youth RCcola55's Avatar
    its runs pretty good at high rpms but still not like it used to.
    Ryan Clarke
    (214)695-7901

Quote Originally Posted by Fredo
    I guess it could be kinda like if you have bad or missing plugs/wires. Depending on which cylinders aren't firing and their location in the firing order, it might not run that bad. Also, if the injector is stuck, it could still be leaking slightly allowing that cylinder to fire, but run lean.

exactly, i just had the correct two not working at all. i should have said "do not always make it run crappy". it's a little different than plugs and wires missing. if it were still pumping fuel and not getting spark the other cylinders would go super lean trying to compensate. if you are just pumping clean air through, the other cylinders fatten up trying to compensate.

Quote Originally Posted by RCcola55
    its runs pretty good at high rpms but still not like it used to.

not necessarily at high rpms. when my grounds get bad, anything other than slight throttle makes it cough and sputter, but i can cruise around easy and it runs fine.

you might want to get a stethoscope and check the injectors. i would say use a noid light but that doesnt tell you if the injector is stuck. the only way to do that is listen. if you dont want to buy one, ive got one you can borrow.

left bank o2 sensor, figured it out tonight thanks to sharpe. fuel trim difference was 126-140 (right to left). Also decided that i want to put in a 180* thermostat, so add that to the list on the programming fred and delete the damn o2 sensors so i dont have to change another one!
    Ryan Clarke
    (214)695-7901

you sure its o2 and not injectors, pistons/engine/exhaust leak?

yep im sure... code 44 i believe

edit: im dumb, replaced the o2 sensor, no codes now but still runs ****ty
    Last edited by RCcola55; 03-28-2007 at 12:05 PM.
    Ryan Clarke
    (214)695-7901