Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: 4 runner

4 runner

looking for a 1st gen 4runner. sold my samurai so i got a grand or so to spend.

Tyler

Don't know if you can get into a 1st gen that's worth a **** for a grand.

no you won't, unless you're very lucky.

That said, there is a white 4runner on the left side of the road just as you are coming into caldwell on HW21. There is a house located out in a field, and its sitting next to it. Looks like it hasn't moved for a while. Might be worth stopping in and asking about it with cash in hand

Quote Originally Posted by CRaSHnBuRN
    no you won't, unless you're very lucky.

That said, there is a white 4runner on the left side of the road just as you are coming into caldwell on HW21. There is a house located out in a field, and its sitting next to it. Looks like it hasn't moved for a while. Might be worth stopping in and asking about it with cash in hand
    thanks! I go that way all the time. Im not looking for a show winner. but im pretty certain i can find one thats in running driving condition thats ragged out for around a grand. im just looking for a good base to build upon. i dont want to spend over 1500. im being patient in finding one so hopefully a good deal will come along.

Tyler

Shaggy
    get a waganeer... they come with dana 44s, and a v8 and can be had for cheap. They are pretty easy to find too. I think I wouldnt mind building one

Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy
    get a waganeer... they come with dana 44s, and a v8 and can be had for cheap. They are pretty easy to find too.
    And they suck!
    Boats and hoes

Stumble in to the liquor store
    With a dollar-fifty for a bottle of wine,
    I know just what I'm lookin for
    Thunderbird will do just fine.

find a truck like mine, 70s era fords can take alot of flogging

1976 F-100 Kustom Krawler
    1976 F-150 Custom
    1964 CJ5

Check TTORA, and Texas Chapter of TTORA, check ih8mud.com, check ebay, check craigslist here, houston, austin, and dallas. Check autotrader. I will check my Dallas toyota club too.

You can get one that cheap, but remember Toyota guys are a flippin cult and 1st gen 4runners are not the top thing wanted but they aren't far from it.

Oh and I saw this one out in front of the auto parts place on Harvey. Talk about ghettofide piece of ****e, roll in an instant, has a small block chevy in it, and it doesn't even have shocks in the front. But check out that mad welding skills on those 12" blocks on the frame, at least the blocks aren't under the springs...

Oh and last pic i stood in front of it to allow a judge for height, I am 6'3", AND if this is someones rig on here, and I am dogging on ya, I don't care.

I can get you a few in California for $500-1000 but then you would have to spend about $600.00 to get it shipped here. I have a buddy with a 1985 1/2 with the straight axle and efi, he wants to sell it I think, but it has a newer engine but alot of original miles on it.

I saw that 4runner out there a few weeks ago. I would so wheel the **** outa that
    Its going to be hard to find a running 4runner that still has a body on it for $1k
    "Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter."

'69 FJ-40, chevy383, sm420, 37's, RedNeckRam
    '08 Tundra SR5 Poser Douche Rig on 35's

ill be your pickup man
    its built for mud, not that that warrants some of the issues, but yeah, its a Shiloh Ridge cruiser
    92 YJ
    04 F-150 4x4
    11 F-250 4x4

lowballing someone
    chet owns that thing. he is the manager or something like that of car doc right there. its a mud toy
    Red 81 CJ5, 35's, 4.10 and detroit, 4 to 1 dana 300, tbi efi, flat belly, cage, chromos and auzzie in front... sometimes runs. body damage to come

Quote Originally Posted by Eckert
    thanks! I go that way all the time. Im not looking for a show winner. but im pretty certain i can find one thats in running driving condition thats ragged out for around a grand. im just looking for a good base to build upon. i dont want to spend over 1500. im being patient in finding one so hopefully a good deal will come along.

Tyler

For 1500, you may get lucky, but most likely all thats gonna be in that range are in serious need of work or rust buckets. Like its been said, these are very popular with toy builders, but also with the hunting crowd and high schoolers because of the removable top.

Give us your reasons for wanting one. Perhaps there would be a vehicle that could fit those needs, that may work as a substitute if you don't find what you want.

As for me, I spent a little over 3k for mine, but the body is straight, rust free and it runs well. Some people have *****ed at me for cutting it up since it was in that kind of condition, but for the price I couldn't pass it up. I've been looking for one for years, and they always wanted way to much money, and the thing has always been rusted out or in real bad shape

ill be your pickup man
    92 YJ
    04 F-150 4x4
    11 F-250 4x4

the one above sold for $250. i already contactd him.thanks though.

I already have a 1980 jeep cherokee. Ive seen them built and so on but its not really want i want to build, and it needs work. i want a 4runner becuase i love the way they look and the huge aftermarket for them. and they are light. Back home i worked for a shop and a good 80% of the trucks that went through there were some type of toyota 4x4. so i naturally took a liking for them and learned alot about them.
    Last edited by Eckert; 04-03-2007 at 08:21 PM.