Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: 4 runner

Not a 4Runner, but it's probably a good place to start and it's a grand...
    http://houston.craigslist.org/car/289012141.html

it is a good base, but i dont want to get into something were someone left off and did it halfass.

I found a 87 sr5 4runner in the Hill country for $1200. 4cyl, 5spd, its complete and all original but it has 270K. recent inspection and registration. has some rust around the fenders. doesnt look too bad and nothing a sawzall couldnt fix. plan on cutting the fenders anyways. sound like a good deal? im susposed to get pics later this afternoon and ill post them up.

Tyler

pics. what do yall think?
    Attached Images Attached Images          
    Last edited by Eckert; 04-04-2007 at 06:55 PM.

i think that is ifs, so i dont know what that means to you, but if i was looking i would wait and get one with a solid axle.

Flyin' the Hindenburg 2.0 DRAGOONRANCH's Avatar
    it's definitely IFS, but unless you nutz it, the sas shouldn't be too much of a problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredo View Post
    Ask your dad what it tastes like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler View Post
    Tell Chris to get it up and I will do it.
    My bitch better have my money...
    Through rain, sleet, or snow...
    My whore better have my money...
    Not half, not some, but all my cash...
    'Cause if she don't,
    I'm gonna put my foot in her ass.

thinking AllPro for a SAS kit. im just trying to find a decent running 4runner. im not planning on building it up right away, but over the (hopefully) 4 years while im up here. plus i plan to drive it around town too.

Quote Originally Posted by bcolman
    i think that is ifs, so i dont know what that means to you, but if i was looking i would wait and get one with a solid axle.
    1st gen's came with IFS and I wouldn't want to follow up on someone elses work on SAS's

Quote Originally Posted by FJAggie07
    1st gen's came with IFS and I wouldn't want to follow up on someone elses work on SAS's
    The 85 4runner had a solid axle still. IFS on toyotas wan't until 86
    BDR

Quote Originally Posted by mudtoy67
    The 85 4runner had a solid axle still. IFS on toyotas wan't until 86
    Ok sorry what I meant to say was find ANY 85 4runner or truck running WELL for a grand and I will see monkeys fly out of my ass.

EDIT: for knit picking *******s like garrett.
    Last edited by FJAggie07; 04-05-2007 at 12:25 PM.

fbronco86
    Ok sorry what I meant to say was find ANY 85 4runner or truck running for a grand and I will see monkeys fly out of my ass.
    You anit never lived in east texas. All you have to do is find some guy who needs to make a house payment or rent and you can pick up stuff cheap. Thats how I got my dirt bike.

Edit you can also pick up glocks cheap that way too.

Quote Originally Posted by fbronco86
    You anit never lived in east texas.
    ...yeah um thanks for reminding me that unfortunately I had the great privalege to grow up there, in the **** hole that is Larue, Tx (that would be about 10 miles east of Athens, and if you people still don't know where that is try right in between Canton, Palestine, Jacksonville, and Cedar Creek Lake)

Ok sorry what I meant to say was find ANY 85 4runner or truck running for a grand and I will see monkeys fly out of my ass.
    The truck I posted might be an 85. I'd guess 83 though

Flyin' the Hindenburg 2.0 DRAGOONRANCH's Avatar
    You anit never lived in east texas. All you have to do is find some guy who needs to make a house payment or rent and you can pick up stuff cheap. Thats how I got my dirt bike.

and by "house payment", do you really mean pay his "canadian cold medicine dealer"?
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredo View Post
    Ask your dad what it tastes like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler View Post
    Tell Chris to get it up and I will do it.
    My bitch better have my money...
    Through rain, sleet, or snow...
    My whore better have my money...
    Not half, not some, but all my cash...
    'Cause if she don't,
    I'm gonna put my foot in her ass.

Quote Originally Posted by DRAGOONRANCH
    and by "house payment", do you really mean pay his "canadian cold medicine dealer"?
    God I love the smell of a meth lab in the morning...

i tried that route, bad idea. bank still had the title and he needed money quick. plus i was in a hurry to get the hell outta there. I dont plan on heading east for any of my purchases again. however, i did sell the samurai for $800 to some guy out of east Texas. so i guess it goes both ways. think a running IFS rig is worth 1200? from what i can tell, ill spend a little more to preform a sfa, but much better parts. I cant find where a decent 85 anything was sold for less than 2K. or is my logic way off?

Quote Originally Posted by Eckert
    thinking AllPro for a SAS kit. im just trying to find a decent running 4runner. im not planning on building it up right away, but over the (hopefully) 4 years while im up here. plus i plan to drive it around town too.

Okay, that thing is really rusty. The truck I broke in half had less body rust than that. Make damn sure you check the frame, I mean really check it. Pull up the carpet in the front and rear floorboards and check for rust there to. I'd say the rust in the back is far enough into the wheel wells that its past what you will easily be able to cut out. Was this thing from up north? That looks like the stuff you would see where they salt the roads. If it was me, I'd pass, but its up to you. If the top or tailgate need work, or are rusty, I'll have mine up for sale in a month or so.

As for the all poop kit, skip it. You can build a SAS kit for a fraction of that cost