Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: 4 runner

victim: "please help chris, im on fire, it hurts so bad. my skin is melting off. look, its falling off. use your fire extinguisher. help!"

chris: "HA, no way, you have chinese parts on your rig. unlike my 4runner here."

Quote Originally Posted by agjohn02
    victim: "please help chris, im on fire, it hurts so bad. my skin is melting off. look, its falling off. use your fire extinguisher. help!"

chris: "HA, no way, you have chinese parts on your rig. unlike my 4runner here."

Well, he would help...but his fire extinguisher was made in China, and doesn't work.
    '73 J2000 Thriftside Gladiator, 258/T14/D20
    '81 CJ7 Laredo, 258/T176/D300

It's all foreign sh!t, and is good for getting to work/gas mileage. On the trail, nothing beats American Iron! :stir pot:
    Boats and hoes

Stumble in to the liquor store
    With a dollar-fifty for a bottle of wine,
    I know just what I'm lookin for
    Thunderbird will do just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by BMFScout
    It's all foreign sh!t, and is good for getting to work/gas mileage. On the trail, nothing beats American Iron! :stir pot:

How dare you put Chinese parts on a Japanese rig!

thats like a chevy with ford parts

Quote Originally Posted by Reckless
    thats like a chevy with ford parts

Glad you said it that way and not the other way around, otherwise I would've had to say "Better?"

Haha I like where this has gone. I don't have a problem with outsourcing but any of ya'll that browse around on some of the other boards should know about the 6-knuckle stories and Trail-Gear. Marlin outsourced the part to them and had an agreement that they would build the part for them, then Trail-Gear introduced the same 6-knuckles under their name. Trail Gear went into business with Marlin AND THEN turned their back on them and tried to put them out of business. Trail-Gear stole the Bent-Up FJ slider design and started lowballing them.

It is the same way LG got to be so big, started off as a chinese manufacturing plant, an outsource for the big electronic companies, stole a couple of design and price gouged the product and look at them now.

I have no problem with foreign products (obviously) but at least make your own designs, and for god's sake don't bite the hand that feeds you. Trail-Gear screwed over Marlin something bad and damn near put him out of business. Standing up and doing business straight is great, shows honesty and is the way you do business so that people will deal with you, Screwing someone in the ass, well that just makes you gay.

Quote Originally Posted by FJAggie07
    Haha I like where this has gone. I don't have a problem with outsourcing but any of ya'll that browse around on some of the other boards should know about the 6-knuckle stories and Trail-Gear. Marlin outsourced the part to them and had an agreement that they would build the part for them, then Trail-Gear introduced the same 6-knuckles under their name. Trail Gear went into business with Marlin AND THEN turned their back on them and tried to put them out of business. Trail-Gear stole the Bent-Up FJ slider design and started lowballing them.
    Mom what's hearsay?
    Quote Originally Posted by Graystroke View Post
    So you loose, I win!

Quote Originally Posted by Snatch Adams
    Mom what's hearsay?
    Hey here is the Pirate LINK, make up your own damn mind. If i remember right some trail gear and marlin guys posted in there, but it has been a while.

Mom how do I be gay?

Quote Originally Posted by FJAggie07
    Hey here is the Pirate LINK, make up your own damn mind. If i remember right some trail gear and marlin guys posted in there, but it has been a while.

Mom how do I be gay?
    read that thread long ago, if i remember correctly there are quite a few varying stories in there as to what exactly happened.
    So you loose, I win!

Its not hearsay, but thats not exactly what happened but close enough.
    I met a couple of guys that are/were involved in one way or another over spring break and lets just say its a eff'ed up situation.

The red one looks a tad rusty...look long and hard like chris said to make sure the frame is atleast ok. Look in the thrifty nickel or their online site....lots of people have these sitting in their backyard wasting away and they have no idea what they have.
    "Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter."

'69 FJ-40, chevy383, sm420, 37's, RedNeckRam
    '08 Tundra SR5 Poser Douche Rig on 35's

Quote Originally Posted by TxCruzr
    I met a couple of guys that are/were involved in one way or another over spring break and lets just say its a eff'ed up situation.

The red one looks a tad rusty...look long and hard like chris said to make sure the frame is atleast ok. Look in the thrifty nickel or their online site....lots of people have these sitting in their backyard wasting away and they have no idea what they have.
    Actually it is exactly hearsay.

Hearsay is "second-hand" information. It occurs when a witness testifies NOT about something they personally saw or heard, but testifies about something someone else told them or said they saw.

Whether or not its true has no bearing.

I trust your opinion, and their business practices are shady, but if you (not you personally) form your opinion based on the convoluded stories of 40 different people you've never met, that's dumb.
    So you loose, I win!

Quote Originally Posted by Snatch Adams
    read that thread long ago, if i remember correctly there are quite a few varying stories in there as to what exactly happened.
    Yeah you are right, it was while back but I don't believe it's hearsay and I can see damn near all of Trail Gear's **** is rip offed someone else, my opinion is to not support them. We don't have vendor's here and i can talk as much sh!t as I want and I think in this case I am backed up.

EDIT: you pulled out webster's on my ass about hearsay, and since I saw that no one actually posted up the true account (Chris and Matt just beat around the bush) we just don't know, but it doesn't take an idiot to look at their stuff and go jee I wonder where that came from?
    Last edited by FJAggie07; 04-05-2007 at 07:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TxCruzr
    Paraphrasing is a b!tch aint it? They got the general idea, next time i will cite my source earlier, you want MLA style?

MLA is the devil.