Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: 4 runner

Quote Originally Posted by Reckless
    MLA is the devil.
    x2

Quote Originally Posted by FJAggie07
    Paraphrasing is a b!tch aint it? They got the general idea, next time i will cite my source earlier, you want MLA style?
    seriously, you're an idiot.

mods trim the shat outta this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Graystroke View Post
    So you loose, I win!

Seriously, **** you.

PS- the smiley is only in there so you don't get butt hurt.

damn, talk about a hateful hijack! continue *****ing at eachother though. its more fun/interesting this way.

anyways. i didnt know the thrifty nickel had a website, thanks. whenever i go somewhere im always looking around for anything cool. im conviently going to be 20min from the red 4runner this weekend, so im going to stop by and take a gander, cant hurt. Ill inspect it and if the rust isnt bad and it drives/runs good, ill pull out 1000 cash and see if they want to deal. if not o-well.

also, was there a new law passed that makes it expensive to transfer a title? something about paying tax on full value possible value and not what you paid? or did i pull this outta my ass?

I think you pulled it out of your ass. I just got transfer title last month on my car and it didn't cost any different than other times.
    BDR

F'in eh. awesome. ill try to find where i saw it at.

why is everyone get so pissed off? yall need to simmer down now. Is marlin still in business? has trailgear personaly screwed yall? ****, let it go already.

Quote Originally Posted by Eckert
    F'in eh. awesome. ill try to find where i saw it at.

why is everyone get so pissed off? yall need to simmer down now. Is marlin still in business? has trailgear personaly screwed yall? ****, let it go already.
    I heard that too. BUT also think about what the value to them is for an 80s model 4runner, tell em you bought it for 500 bucks and it is in real bad shape,not much of a white lie.

Don't fawking tell me to simmer down! If i can't express my gaddamn opinion on the internet then where the fawk can i express it?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by FJAggie07
    Don't fawking tell me to simmer down! If i can't express my gaddamn opinion on the internet then where the fawk can i express it?!?!

There's a time and place for everything....it's called The Kitchen.
    BDR

Quote Originally Posted by mudtoy67
    There's a time and place for everything....it's called The Kitchen.
    Oh damn, my bad, I thought this was the kitchen. I don't even look at individual forums anymore... I thought he was asking opinions on the 4runner in the kitchen I didnt realize the thread was in classifieds...

Damn now I feel bad for the hi-jack. sorry man.

screw you chris! i think i saw it on one of your yota forums.

you got a wall nearby, go bang your head against it. that should take out all your rage.

*this thread was long gone before you hens started bickering. its past revival.

ill be your pickup man
    Quote Originally Posted by Snatch Adams
    seriously, you're an idiot.

mods trim the shat outta this.
    Why? Relax...this thread is
    92 YJ
    04 F-150 4x4
    11 F-250 4x4

Quote Originally Posted by Eckert
    damn, talk about a hateful hijack! continue *****ing at eachother though. its more fun/interesting this way.

anyways. i didnt know the thrifty nickel had a website, thanks. whenever i go somewhere im always looking around for anything cool. im conviently going to be 20min from the red 4runner this weekend, so im going to stop by and take a gander, cant hurt. Ill inspect it and if the rust isnt bad and it drives/runs good, ill pull out 1000 cash and see if they want to deal. if not o-well.

also, was there a new law passed that makes it expensive to transfer a title? something about paying tax on full value possible value and not what you paid? or did i pull this outta my ass?

There was a thread about it on TX-TTORA. I looked it up and law went into effect Oct. 2006. Taxes are paid based on presumed value of the vehicle, ie. blue book value, not what you paid for it or said what you paid for it.

Only way around it apparently is gifting, I guess you just need a notarized letter from the owner saying they gave it to your for free, and you don't have to pay the tax.

Interesting. I didn't notice anything different when I transferred title on the corolla last month. I don't remember if I said it was given to me or not though.
    BDR

It's true, Texas followed 43 or someother number of the other states and tax is now based on what the state presumes is the value of the vehicle you bought, not what your bill of sale says.

PS, all I ever said is that whatever FgayAggieohKevin said was is hearsay, he never heard or saw any of it first person. He based his opinions on what other people saw or heard, that is what hearsay is. I say again, if you base your opinion of a product on the opinions/conflicting stories of people 1400 miles away that you've never met or seen, you are dumb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Graystroke View Post
    So you loose, I win!

Yes, if someone was on fire, I would help them. But if they were running trail gear parts, running a big sticker advertising that fact, and those parts were broken, then I would pass them by. Tough ****, thats how I feel about it.

I think I should have explained myself on it a little better though. I don't care about the outsourcing part. Its the business practices of Trail Gear and Chris Gieger I cannot tolerate. I have personally dealt with gieger on several occasions, and he is a ass. He tried to merge TG and Marlin, but hidden in the legal stuff was the basis for TG to fire marlin in a short time, and take all his plans and so forth. He backed out, and TG went ahead and stole everything anyway. Thats why so many products that were so close to being released, such as the front dig toy t-case have never been released. They are tied up in legal actions. TG has also been caught buying competitors parts, copying them, then reselling them on Ebay. I'm sorry, but I see no place for a company in the offroad community, and think that anyone who supports them just to save a buck is a piece of ****. End of story