Thread: What type u-joint?

What type u-joint?

What type u-joint came in the front driveshaft of a 85 cj7 that uses the dana 30 yoke. is it a 1310 series u joint?

yes, but I think those numbers are outdated. Every parts store seems to have to cross reference it with a different number. I think the last spicer ujoint I bought didn't even have 1310 on the package. Just tell the countermonkey year make and model.

the thing is, i want to convert a strap style yoke to u-bolt style yoke, but my specific one doesn't have room behind it to symply drill out the holes and install u-bolts but i found this one ebay. just wanted to check to make sure it would work. pretty good price if you ask me, discountjeep.com wanted $35.00 just for the yoke before shipping.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...0971335&rd=1,1

lowballing someone
    just leave it alone, save your money for something else. your not rumming a monster or anything and it is the front driveshaft
    Red 81 CJ5, 35's, 4.10 and detroit, 4 to 1 dana 300, tbi efi, flat belly, cage, chromos and auzzie in front... sometimes runs. body damage to come

ide agrea with Colman I haven't had any problems with my straps as long as you put locktite on the bolts and keep them tite, and I beat on my stuff hard.

what breaks the straps is the same thing that breaks u-joints, its excessive angles
    Quote Originally Posted by afroman006
    Creighton, you have done stuff with that jeep that would make a goat go "holy ****!"
    Quote Originally Posted by afroman006
    So driving by brail is why your jeep looks the way it does eh?

ok good advice, thanks