Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: How much for a Chevy 4.3L?

I only had trouble with one engine and its gone now Plus I can get fuel anywhere so suckit.

Way to make this personal *****

*kidding*
    On the 8th day god created the Super Swamper TSL and said "go forth and kick ass"

I guess I should have added some s to that to let you know that it was in fun.

But as for the propane, getting it was not a problem, and alot of places like katemcy now have propane on site. And I never had a problem with the propane system itself. The truck always started up and ran fine, even after sitting for months, with the exception of that time in clayton, and that was not the propanes fault. Its just so simple to use, and there isn't much to screw up.

If you want to add propane to an engine that doesn't have EFI already and don't have the knowledge to piece EFI together, then I guess it's ok if that's what you're after. It would be cheaper. However, to rip all the EFI off of an engine that already has it because "Propane is easier" is dumb. Also if the engine already has all the EFI stuff, how would it be cheaper to convert it to 'pane? If you just want to be different, that's cool too, but it's not my bag. I don't like smelling it. I also like using the fuel that is in every town in America and 98% of the cars on the road use. (not counting diesels)
    Boats and hoes

Stumble in to the liquor store
    With a dollar-fifty for a bottle of wine,
    I know just what I'm lookin for
    Thunderbird will do just fine.

but really, lets look past the fuel systems, and at the vehicle itself. Stuffing a 4.3 into a sammi is not going to be cheap or easy to do. Whats wrong with the engine in the sammi now?

Quote Originally Posted by BMFScout
    If you want to add propane to an engine that doesn't have EFI already and don't have the knowledge to piece EFI together, then I guess it's ok if that's what you're after. It would be cheaper. However, to rip all the EFI off of an engine that already has it because "Propane is easier" is dumb. Also if the engine already has all the EFI stuff, how would it be cheaper to convert it to 'pane? If you just want to be different, that's cool too, but it's not my bag. I don't like smelling it. I also like using the fuel that is in every town in America and 98% of the cars on the road use. (not counting diesels)
    but let say you can get a smoking deal on a engine that allready has had the fuel injection taken off of it, was missing alot of stuff, or was damaged by something like a fire, why not set it up for propane? And from my talking with gearhead, it sounds like he has neither the knowledge or the money for this kind of swap yet.

Quote Originally Posted by CRaSHnBuRN
    but let say you can get a smoking deal on a engine that allready has had the fuel injection taken off of it, was missing alot of stuff, or was damaged by something like a fire, why not set it up for propane? And from my talking with gearhead, it sounds like he has neither the knowledge or the money for this kind of swap yet.
    Like I said, if that's your bag, that'd be cool. It's not my bag, I think it stinks...Literally
    Boats and hoes

I think its better than smelling gas all day

Gearhead61
    Well the engine I've got is kind of on its last legs. Its got somewhere in the realm of 130-140k on it and let's face it: it's not exactly a great engine anyways. I'm just trying to gather some information right now since i'm still pretty green around the gills here.

Oh, and thanks for the heated discussion on propane vs. EFI, ***.

Sami engines are about 75 pounds of 50hp fury. Why not swap one out?

Geo tracker mota.
    On the 8th day god created the Super Swamper TSL and said "go forth and kick ass"

i was gonna say the same thing

yes, the 1.6L engine you can get in suzukis and geos is a good swap. It bolts in for the most part, is fuel injected, and one person can pick it up. Plus it loves to be redlined and makes a decent amount of power. My mom had a X-90 with one, and it was a fun little car

but can you put propane on it?!
    Boats and hoes

probably

Gearhead61
    Yeah I've looked at the 1.6L engines too... it might be the right way to go. Guess I'll have to jump off that bridge when I get to it.