Thread: Royal Purple?

Royal Purple?

Anyone use the stuff or heard any real world opinions on it? I'm just procrastinating from packing again and day dreaming about my new truck. Last time I was at Ho'Reiley's, they had RP for just as cheap as Mobil 1 Synthetic, so I was thinking about giving it a try in the new truck whenever I pick it up.

sprayin' the house down CheapJeep's Avatar
    I recently switched to Royal Purple synthetic in my truck. The increased mileage between oil change intervals, performance, and gas mileage outweighs the cost difference. Since changing to it I've gained several mpg, without a trailer I get between 18-20, gooseneck horsetrailer or flatbed with jeep 15-17. I've also noticed an increase in performance, it's good stuff.
    1974 CJ5-The BarnBurner

Quote Originally Posted by stx4wheeler View Post
    Robbie is the Charlie Daniels of the super swamper.

Teaching America's youth RCcola55's Avatar
    its the ****, plain and simple!!!
    Ryan Clarke
    (214)695-7901

at the parts store, confusing the **** out of the guy.
    real world experience:

I found a place that had it for about $1.50 a quart cheaper than Mobil 1 Synthetic, so I decided to try it. It comes out of the bottle and it's actually purple. Other than that, I can't really tell a difference between it and mobil 1. But then again, The Tahoe has only logged about 1200 miles on the royal purple.
    Last edited by Fredo; 05-14-2007 at 04:40 PM.
    "You know, this car is so fast, that giving Corvette owners this car, is kinda like giving an AK-47 to a pysch ward."

-Ron Fellows (Corvette C6R Team Driver)

I remember way back when it came out they ran it on the dyno in hot rod magazine. The engine picked up a few HP...I think it was about 5 or so...They didn't do a mobil 1 test...any synthetic is good. it's the additives that make it last longer b/w oil changes..mainly zinc phosphates(anti corrosion additives)...there are some motorcycle oils that are muy bueno...gold something or another. Not leagal for cars b/c of Emissions requirements and something to do w/ heavy metals...may also do bad things to catylic converters if you have one.

True Hollywood Stry
    i saw one on horsepower t.v years ago, with a stock ss camaro and they changed every fluid, the tranny, engine, radiator, and diffs, and they picked up 20 horsepower
    He who dies with the most **** wins, after seeing your collection you are in the lead no doubt!

fbronco86
    I run mobil 1 in my new truck. Then I run the used mobil 1 in my dirt bike mainly cause it burns more oil than gas.