Thread: Early Bronco suspension

hossbronco

Early Bronco suspension

I have 35" tires on my 1968 Bronco and no lift. I need to lift it cheap and quickly. About 5.5" would be ideal, but I was wondering if anyone knew a cheap way to do this. Is there a direct swap out of a junkyard, at least for the rear leafs. I may just buy coils and put a block under the rear for now, but I was particularly interested in finding a way to lift the rear without buying leaf springs.

buy some 4 or 7 degree c bushings, wild horse 6" coils, trackbar drop bracket, and do a shackle flip in the rear

1976 F-100 Kustom Krawler
    1976 F-150 Custom
    1964 CJ5

True Hollywood Stry
    ok depending on how cheap you are, and if you are looking for a lift with little to no performance change then you could do the following:

If the coil towers and frame are similar to the fullsize version, you can drop the coil buckets about 2.5 inches, redrill the top holes and bolt them on. Problem is with an eb i believe the eb coil towers are riveted to the frame so you will need to remove rivets and the bottom lip, then re-drill and re-bolt them to the frame. DO NOT WELD THEM TO THE FRAME!!! I did this on my fullsize and it seems like a quick and easy fix till you have to remove them. You can also do a 1/2 inch or so spacer that goes between the lower coil cup and radius arm. I DO IN NO way endorse this method but it will work.

Then buy a set of leveling coils, a pitman arm, and some degree'd radius arm bushings, plus a rear shackle swap, and you will have plenty of room. I have some different radius arm bushings that i will sell if you need some.
    He who dies with the most **** wins, after seeing your collection you are in the lead no doubt!

True Hollywood Stry
    as far as a direct coil swap look into the 2wd f-350 coils for the 78-79 model i believe that they net around 1.5-2.0 inches of lift but they will ride like ass on an eb.
    He who dies with the most **** wins, after seeing your collection you are in the lead no doubt!

i have some long coils off my eb ill sell, im not sure how long they are but i think the coils added around 5 or 6 inches, ill measure them this weekend and bring them if you want them
    Nick
    '76 F250 High Boy
    '87 Wrangler

73bronco
    why do you want that much lift just to run 35's???? A 3.5" lift would be fine IMO. Up front to do it right you're pretty much stuck with buying a set of coils, in the rear get some f150 springs and do a shackle flip.

fbronco86
    If you put any kinda of lift I would go with the 7 degree bushings. Its supposed to make them drive a little better on the road. I have the 7 degree bushings in mine but it has yet to see the road.