Thread: Ford C6 to NP 203 adapter

Ford C6 to NP 203 adapter

I cracked my adapter in Katemcy, so I'm in need of a replacement. If you have one, or know someone who does please let me know and how much it's going for.

Thanks,

Andy

i would like to know more about it. why do you think it happened? not enough support, too much support? start a tech thread if you want.

Good question, as I'm not sure why it cracked either. I'm using the same poly bushings on my motor mounts and t-case crossmember. I plan on replacing all the bushings and adding a torque arm of some sort, similar to the factory part that bolts the t-case to the engine.

My cage is tied into the frame at several points from the firewall back, but there is no tie-ins from the firewall forward. I was thinking that possibly the frame is flexing in front of the firewall and not behind it creating torsion in the drivetrain, but that seems like a relatively small area to torque. Plus, I've replaced the front factory IH cross member with stacked 2" X 4" X 1/8" wall tube, and my motor mounts are heavy angle and weld to the frame over nearly a 12" long section of frame.

is the trans/t-case mount in front of, on, or behind the adapter that cracked? if you dont mind, id like to see pics of the set-up. i dont think your build-up pics work anymore.

i know what you mean by a torque arm, but i've never really been able to figure out how effective they are. they certainly dont look like they would stiffen it up much.

im hoping with the cage and skidplate my frame will be hella stiff and avoid the frame twisting component. then if/when the adapter breaks ill attribute it to engine torque and add another transfer case mount.

It seems that a torque arm would make the problem worse and cause more cracking because it would further prohibit the t-case from twisting with the rest of the drivetrain. On pigpen, I used poly motor mounts and a rubber tranny mount for this exact reason.
    On the 8th day god created the Super Swamper TSL and said "go forth and kick ass"

Quote Originally Posted by afroman006
    It seems that a torque arm would make the problem worse and cause more cracking because it would further prohibit the t-case from twisting with the rest of the drivetrain. On pigpen, I used poly motor mounts and a rubber tranny mount for this exact reason.

you dont know what he means by a torque arm do you?

you dont have to worry about torque with your truck.

Are yall talking about the brace that goes from the side of the t-case up to the bellhousing or from the side of the t-case to the frame?

My new motor will have torque.
    On the 8th day god created the Super Swamper TSL and said "go forth and kick ass"

Quote Originally Posted by afroman006
    the brace that goes from the side of the t-case up to the bellhousing

that one, like andy said

Ah, missed that part...

So, anyone got the adapter I'm looking for?