Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Toyota guys

Quote Originally Posted by TxCruzr
    for what? If you want to cut the total weight of the rig, do it somewhere else. Chop the body or use a lexan hood and drill some speed holes. It's not worth loosing weight at the tcase for a potentially weaker setup that will also have less options. A full bodied jeep won't be light so why try to make it. Stak does have their after market d300 case, maybe it is lighter?
    Mini truck stuff will be pretty strong and light weight but since you are going to probably spend just about the same if you do lower gears or doubler and upgraded in/outputs then why not just stick with the strength of the stak and the option of doing a front dig?
    A friend I wheeled with at the cruiser roundup has a tiny buggy that runs a toy fi 4cyl with 5spd manual backed by dual mini truck cases. He has busted cyo'd shafts and gears along with broke the case itself at the roundup. This is a tiny buggy that weights probably half the weight of your jeep and half the hp. Another cruiser guy runs one in his pig of a fj-40 behind a turbo'd 2f and has never broken it. Not sure what Scott's record with them is. I just don't see it being worth it if you can shove a stak or atlas in there.

hmm, i think you're right. a 2wd tailhousing on the 4L60E and a divorced sammi case is the way to go. Thanks!

John is this for the vss issue and solve the weight problem?

http://www.ottindustries.com/divorcetoyota.htm

Quote Originally Posted by robertf03

their VSS is only a 4 pulse. i need 40. looks like im going to have to order a custom made endmill to make one.

edit- ah, but the 2wd tailhousing will have a VSS. flem, you're a GENIUS!

John should definately get this, then he could be just like Chadnutz!
    BDR

Quote Originally Posted by agjohn02
    their VSS is only a 4 pulse. i need 40. looks like im going to have to order a custom made endmill to make one.
    not if you do the toyota divorced case, then you can use the stock gm one in the tailhousing

what kind of t-cases do they use in rhinos and 4 wheelers? i bet they're light weight!

stak

not if you do the toyota divorced case, then you can use the stock gm one in the tailhousing

man, you were on top of quoting that one. i edited it so fast it didnt even say i edited it at the bottom but you still got me.

This probably cost less than getting an end-mill ground. And would solve your park brake issue if that wasn't already solved.

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showp...&postcount=137

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showp...&postcount=144
    BDR

that's exactly what i was considering doing. i didnt know anyone had done it. we built sensors like that for traction control back in 02. however, since the stak has provisions for an internal VSS, im going to try to make it work before i resort to an external one. thanks for the links though.

Quote Originally Posted by TxCruzr
    A friend I wheeled with at the cruiser roundup has a tiny buggy that runs a toy fi 4cyl with 5spd manual backed by dual mini truck cases. He has busted cyo'd shafts and gears along with broke the case itself at the roundup. This is a tiny buggy that weights probably half the weight of your jeep and half the hp.
    if your talking about nolan, then that needs to be explained. He seems to break everything, and wheels alot. I think the guy who built the buggy wheeled it hard for a year or two and never had a problem. Toy cases do have thier weak points, but with upgraded input and rear outputs (or just the rear output), they are pretty damned strong and have alot of options. That said, I still think the stak or atlas is a much better option, if nothing else for the front dig capability which the toy case lacks at this point

john, I just saw your post on pirate. While I didn't get a chance to read it all yet, I did see the part where you where talking about using a 22re. Unless you allready have that engine, I suggest switching to the 3rz. Its basically an the replacement for the 22re with more power and upgrade capabilities

please, its a theoretical buggy, and i only say theoretical because imaginary is taken. i had homework i was supposed to be doing...

although, with option #2, you could acheive a crawl ratio of 429:1