Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: The New DD

it's worth as much as you can get someone to pay for it, which will probably be about half what you've got in it.
    Though you've gotten some good deals on stuff that you put in that truck, so you may make money off it. And a couple of our club's big spenders are in the market
    Garrett buy this and take it on a trip, Austin needs a maroon yota with a TAMOR sticker
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools

Quote Originally Posted by uglyota
    it's worth as much as you can get someone to pay for it, which will probably be about half what you've got in it.
    Though you've gotten some good deals on stuff that you put in that truck, so you may make money off it. And a couple of our club's big spenders are in the market
    Garrett buy this and take it on a trip, Austin needs a maroon yota with a TAMOR sticker
    im pretty sure i can come out ahead in it. but want enough cash in my pocket to heal the wounds of letting it go.

I would be keeping all of my collected parts for a future project.

garrett is one of many who said he wouldnt mind having it. does the tamor sticker add or depreciate the value

*for the record. as of right now im not selling it.
    Last edited by Eckert; 10-15-2007 at 12:52 PM.

Just park it in my driveway for a while is all I'm asking....

If you get serious about letting it go, let's talk. I've got some **** taking up room in my garage that I need to get rid of as well.

Eric, still looking. I slept on one in Dallas and the damned thing got sold out from under me. Immediate plans for one the day I buy it are to spray bomb it maroon and paint a large, gaudy, white block ATM on the hood and rear quarter and parade it around town.

garret, i know of three that have been sitting (two 1st gens and a 84-85 ex cab). i should be able to check on all of them this weekend.

Good deal, check them out for me if you will. I like the rounded lines of the 79-82 trucks, but would like to find something with efi (85 ext. cab or Runner). If I can't I'm just gonna take a page from Ed's book and find a first gen and run the thing on 'pane.

Flyin' the Hindenburg 2.0 DRAGOONRANCH's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredo View Post
    Ask your dad what it tastes like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler View Post
    Tell Chris to get it up and I will do it.
    My bitch better have my money...
    Through rain, sleet, or snow...
    My whore better have my money...
    Not half, not some, but all my cash...
    'Cause if she don't,
    I'm gonna put my foot in her ass.

little update.

got the header and full exhaust on. exits right behind cab. i fooled with every bit of the fuel system trying to avoid rebuilding the carb. a rebuild kit in now sitting in the front seat. sliders are still sitting in the corner of my friends shop. new m/c is on, stops good. and radio antenna still broke.

trying to figure out what my next step should be.

im going to weld the sliders on and build a rear bumper when i get home for the break. but while the welder and steel is out i might as well build a front. if im building a front might as well put a winch in it right?

so poll. winch or doubler? its one or the other. i cant afford both. right now im leaning towards selling my parts for the doubler and buying a winch. Warn M8000's and MM e9000's are plentiful on the market right now for $300-400 in good condition(w/ line, fairlead, and controller). think 8000# will be enough?

Doubler. Winches can be had later on, but if ya have the doubler, ya wont need a winch as much.

Teaching America's youth RCcola55's Avatar
    rowdy means well, i do agree a doubler is a better buy at this stage. I really never see myself purchasing a winch, anytime ive been in a situation there has been someone around with one or a vehicle with a strap, but then again maybe i just dont try hard enough
    Ryan Clarke
    (214)695-7901

I'd go winch, especially if you're going to be out wheeling it around the farm by yourself, but having said that, I'm doing both.

Quote Originally Posted by RCcola55
    rowdy means well, i do agree a doubler is a better buy at this stage. I really never see myself purchasing a winch, anytime ive been in a situation there has been someone around with one or a vehicle with a strap, but then again maybe i just dont try hard enough
    Yeah screw the people that spent the money on a winch!
    1988 Blazer...RIP

Quote Originally Posted by JeepPhisherman
    I'd go winch, especially if you're going to be out wheeling it around the farm by yourself, but having said that, I'm doing both.
    thats why i was thinking winch. id would come in handy. i got a few weeks to think about it. until then. i still have the doubler parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Eckert
    thats why i was thinking winch. id would come in handy. i got a few weeks to think about it. until then. i still have the doubler parts.
    Have you collected anything else besides the case? Do you have a spare topcase shifter by any chance?

I'd do the doubler and keep an eye out for a good deal on a winch. Rednecks are always selling winches.
    Boats and hoes

Stumble in to the liquor store
    With a dollar-fifty for a bottle of wine,
    I know just what I'm lookin for
    Thunderbird will do just fine.

Flyin' the Hindenburg 2.0 DRAGOONRANCH's Avatar
    and by rednecks, he means methheads
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredo View Post
    Ask your dad what it tastes like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler View Post
    Tell Chris to get it up and I will do it.
    My bitch better have my money...
    Through rain, sleet, or snow...
    My whore better have my money...
    Not half, not some, but all my cash...
    'Cause if she don't,
    I'm gonna put my foot in her ass.