Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: toyota front axle and driveshaft, t-case

toyota front axle and driveshaft, t-case

I am startin to get stuff together to build rear steer on my sammy, and am looking for a front axle from a yota, a double carden driveshaft, and a sammy or yota t-case to run a doubler. Any leads would help. thanks-Aaron

hmm, this i wanna see

i think chris scotti (8runner) has a housing.

True Hollywood Stry
    there is a toy front axle under a big lifted toy truck at scotts auto parts in bryan, but i sure it is like most things there it prolly isnt for sale
    He who dies with the most **** wins, after seeing your collection you are in the lead no doubt!

Quote Originally Posted by stx4wheeler
    there is a toy front axle under a big lifted toy truck at scotts auto parts in bryan, but i sure it is like most things there it prolly isnt for sale

the one with the ground hawgs on it? no its not for sale.

http://tamor.org/forums/showpost.php...postcount=4547

Last edited by agjohn02; 06-24-2007 at 03:14 PM.

it should be for sale! I NEED ITS PARTS. ill even tow it outta there no charge. ***

savvyaggie
    that is scotts, sons truck and I don't believe it is for sale..

Quote Originally Posted by savvyaggie
    that is scotts, sons truck and I don't believe it is for sale..

[golf clap] its firmly established now.

you should go see what IS for sale there and report back. i dont think anything is...

I thought that they say, "everything is for sale for the right price". maybe its priced too high then. Ive been looking for some things around and damn people want alot for a 1980 toy axle. Ive found a couple for $800.00 and their stock. I can buy 2 trucks that run in California for that and get em shipped out here. do people really rape you that bad for these parts out here? I baught my toy axles for $250 for both of em complest with tires, and that wasent even that good of a deal. what the hell is going on here? damn

supply and demand. A front axle will bring $250 alone now. you looking in all the wrong places if all you have found is $800 axles. I raise my flag on a complete running 4x4 toyota for $400.

before i bought a new carrier bearing there was a guy in denton who had the driveshafts and bearing. he told me make him an offer,want the contact info?

that sounds a litle more reasonable. ya shure any info would be great. I have a few buddies who have baught em cheap. one paid $300.00 for a 85 4runner with a 4" lift, 33" tires and the best of both worlds: straight axle and the 22re injected motor. it also had a perfect body, stereo, etc. there cheap there. thanks

Quote Originally Posted by agjohn02
    [golf clap]
    you should go see what IS for sale there and report back. i dont think anything is...
    Everything I've asked about there belonged to one of his relatives and was not for sale. I think every car in that yard is just waiting for a part to arrive next week and will then be back on the highway

Quote Originally Posted by sammybeast
    that sounds a litle more reasonable. ya shure any info would be great. I have a few buddies who have baught em cheap. one paid $300.00 for a 85 4runner with a 4" lift, 33" tires and the best of both worlds: straight axle and the 22re injected motor. it also had a perfect body, stereo, etc. there cheap there. thanks
    start driving down backroads looking for ones sitting derelict out in the field. And 4 wheel steer using a toy axle?

Im doing some more reading, but as of now, I think that I am just going to put the front axle in the rear, and it will be running backwards. set it up with a ram and hook up the lines to my existing front hydro pump and should be good to go.

how much does your rig weigh?

Quote Originally Posted by sammybeast
    Im doing some more reading, but as of now, I think that I am just going to put the front axle in the rear, and it will be running backwards. set it up with a ram and hook up the lines to my existing front hydro pump and should be good to go.
    If you spin the axle and put it in the back, it will run like normal, but the diff will be on the driver side, which most likely would not work well with a sammi t-case. To get a passenger side drop toy rear axle, you need to flip the axle. That means first you flip the whole housing. Then take the diff out, rotate it 180 degrees and redo the studs to match. The knuckle balls also must be spun 180 degrees. Some people think the toy axle can hold up being used in the rear, but I feel you're just asking for trouble, unless the rig is really light. And even then you should have every upgrade there is on it (30 spline longs, heat treated gears, etc.)