Thread: D300 question

D300 question

Would a D300 with stock gears and a upgraded rear output be strong enough to survive being the third case in a triple case setup behind a anemic 4 cylinder?

Now for the background. To begin alcohol and boredom are never a good combo. I want to be able to do front digs with my 4runner. I had my eyes set on the trail tough disconnect, but I noticed advance adapters just released a toy to D300 adapter very similar to the one OTT has been producing for a few years. With either adapter, the D300 bolts up to the reduction portion of a toy t-case, giving you dual cases in a setup about 5 inches longer than a stock toy t-case. This was the setup I originally wanted to get, but did not do due to the extra cost. It wasn't that much more, but was to much at the time. Now I have dual toy t-cases, and I'm curious what adding a D300 behind them would be like. Overall the cost difference between this route and adding lower gears and a disconnect of some sort is a wash if I can find a D300 for a decent price. The question is will the D300 be up to the torque input of 2 t-cases in front of it? Overall gearing would be toy tranny (3.93) x toy reduction box (2.28) x toy reduction box (2.28) x D300 (2.61?) x axles 6.17 = 329:1

Disclaimer: I am not planning on doing this now, or even in the near future, I'm just interested in knowing if its worth looking into more
    Last edited by CRaSHnBuRN; 06-24-2007 at 05:12 PM.

just sell the second toy case and adapter, get 4.7:1 gears for the first and put a d300 behind it. much shorter and plenty of gearing. wanna see my gearing spreadsheet on this?

but I lose the coolness of triple cases

plus, I want to keep the 4.7s in reserve for when I have to beat the gearing on your future buggy. And do you really have a spread sheet on this stuff?
    Last edited by CRaSHnBuRN; 06-24-2007 at 05:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CRaSHnBuRN
    but I lose the coolness of triple cases
    or the ness, however you want to look at it. that would give you 5 shifters and yes i do

post up the spreadsheet. I want to see this

you'll have to correct for the different 1st gear ratio
    Attached Images Attached Images