Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: dimple dies

Quote Originally Posted by agjohn02
    so can i just change the significant digits on my dimensions to five places?
    sure... what kind of program are you going to write? Incremental would be better.
    1988 Blazer...RIP

i was just gonna draw it up in MasterCAM and generate g code. maybe ill just save the program and give it to you to tweak to fit the machine since i dont know whats best.

i was just gonna draw it up in MasterCAM and generate g code. maybe ill just save the program and give it to you to tweak to fit the machine since i dont know whats best.
    you weiner thats been the problem the whole time is we don't know how to use the software we have. I think it's feature cam...

Anyways, you can give it to me in a txt file, thats the easiest way for me to edit it. Also, I remember the inner diameter had a flat on it, does that need to line up to anything specific, or just be concentric with the gear itself.

Did the incremental makes sense to you? Like it's point to point instead each line relating back to (0,0,0)?

I might even be able to start it after work if you can get it to me quick enough.
    1988 Blazer...RIP

yeah, featureCAM thats what i meant, not masterCAM. you dont know how to use featureCAM? or you just dont know how to import my solidworks file?

the flat does not line up with anything. theres a flat on the shaft and that just keeps it from spinning.

ill play with it when i get back to CS and see what i come up with. ive never done incremental but i can probably figure it out if i can dredge up my old featureCAM skills well enough.

yeah, featureCAM thats what i meant, not masterCAM. you dont know how to use featureCAM? or you just dont know how to import my solidworks file?

the flat does not line up with anything. theres a flat on the shaft and that just keeps it from spinning.

ill play with it when i get back to CS and see what i come up with. ive never done incremental but i can probably figure it out if i can dredge up my old featureCAM skills well enough.
    We don't know how to use feature cam... I know it's not hard, but most of the stuff we do it's just easier to write by hand. We normally don't have more than 100 lines of code and most of the things we do are symetrical and we can copy and paste and change a few things...

I think we used featurecam once or twice in the beginning before we knew what we were doing.
    1988 Blazer...RIP

ill play with it when i get back to CS and see what i come up with.

thats so twelve of you, robert

Flyin' the Hindenburg 2.0 DRAGOONRANCH's Avatar
    thats so twelve of you, robert
    you're just mad you got called on it, I was going to do the same thing untill I figured I better check the end of the thread and see if you had been busted yet..

Flem Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredo View Post
    Ask your dad what it tastes like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler View Post
    Tell Chris to get it up and I will do it.
    My bitch better have my money...
    Through rain, sleet, or snow...
    My whore better have my money...
    Not half, not some, but all my cash...
    'Cause if she don't,
    I'm gonna put my foot in her ass.

if i program the code and drill two little holes will it be easy as sticking it in the machine and hitting start?
    let me know if you do decide to design and build some dies. I would like to have a set or two. If you need materials for this, let me know, and I may be able to scrounge some stuff up at work.

we arent speaking of dimple dies... your thread got snaked

I kinda understood that, but really, I would think it would be pretty simple to build dimple dies. I don't have access to the machines or the programs needed at the moment, but I can get the material, if anyone else would be interested in working together to build a couple